German 1915 Line Pickelhaube

PmMeYourCats

I acquired this from my friend over in Montana, USA who was having a bit of a clear out before moving. He knew I liked this stuff so sent it to me for free.

12647933_190153084677926_1232367771_n.jpg

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Tin Lids said:

FREE? FREE? Send it to MEE... to MEE.. :)

Hah, been seeking one of these since I was 12 so it's never leaving my sight!

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

That's a good friend,i wonder what the story is behind it,if only some of these objects could talk !.

Free! Holy crap! I need friends like that! :) 

Looks nice....would love to see more pics

Rob

• 1 month later...

very nice,check the chin strap, there might be a date and city marked, mine has 1917 Berlin

• Field Marshall
13 hours ago, Davejb said:

very nice,check the chin strap, there might be a date and city marked, mine has 1917 Berlin

Doubt it, its a repro chinstrap. ;)

Really ??, they looked just like mine and mine are original, any chance of a closer look, I,m not a WW1 collector as such, I,ve only had two Picklehaubes in 50years, still got one ,which is,nt one of the best examples 

Ok having looked again at mine, the buckles look different on this one, mine are not brass nor are the securing buckles , anything else we should be looking for?? 

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
2 hours ago, Davejb said:

Really ??, they looked just like mine and mine are original, any chance of a closer look, I,m not a WW1 collector as such, I,ve only had two Picklehaubes in 50years, still got one ,which is,nt one of the best examples 

Ok having looked again at mine, the buckles look different on this one, mine are not brass nor are the securing buckles , anything else we should be looking for?? 

I'm not an expert, but when @PmMeYourCats was considering it my mate checked it out, just by pics, he's a big time pickelhaube collector.

• Upvote 1