FINDING STUFF YOU DID NOT KNOW YOU HAD>

alconlon

Lately I have not been buying much, but I have been collecting for close to 50 years and have many boxes of stuff.I have started going thru the boxes and have been pleasantly surprised by some of the items that I completely forgot that I had .I think I have too much stuff,medals badges,patches etc.Are any of  you guys having the same experience?

Edited by alconlon
  • Upvote 1

I was looking for a German surcoat that "disappeared" for three years.  While cleaning our basement prior to moving, I found an unmarked, taped box.  Thought it was a box of tool---nope!  It was the surcoat!  I never have found my two .45 WWI/II holsters.  They must be here somewhere.

• Upvote 1

• Major General

I do that too, we all must do...we accumulate so much gear that some gets put away.then when you go back to seek it out, other stuff turns up you'd forgotten about.it's only natural!must be the primal human desire to forage and store, just that by nature we're better at it than most normal beings...☺️

Yep. I found a Mauser C96 that I had forgotten all about, not too long ago in one of the vaults. I also found a carton of software from the '80s buried in one of our closets (an original unopened MS Word for the Mac, v1.0 or something like that, in there).

However, more items than that are missing in some Black Hole here. They'll probably surface after I've purchased a replacement.

_B

• Upvote 1

Dug this out of a box in the attic about a week ago been there since 1985 when we came back from Germany really jade forgotten i had them and still did not find what I was looking for

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Just been moving stuff around in my collection room.. Found these and more on the shelf underneath!  I like Incendiaries..

DSCF0183.JPG

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Shelves not bending...thats macro for you on the digi cam hahah.

@Marc hun That bottles great pal!

1 hour ago, Waffenamt said:

Shelves not bending...thats macro for you on the digi cam hahah.

@Marc hun That bottles great pal!

It is but after all these years I doubt it will be drinkable now lol

• Upvote 1