Combined Pilots and Observers Badge in Gold with Diamonds

Christopher Ailsby

Combined Pilots and Observers Badge in Gold with Diamonds - this belonged to the "Fat Boy" Hermann Göring,

Combined Pilots and Observers Badge in Gold with Diamonds - Obverse.jpg

Combined Pilots and Observers Badge in Gold with Diamonds - Reverse.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ive seen one of these in person,I think it was the Imperial War Museum in London, they used to have Goring,s dress white uniform on loan and on display with all his awards , they were very impressive, and he really was a "fat boy". I believe there was some controversy a little while ago about his wife and family wanting all his uniforms returned.

Davejb said, “Ive seen one of these in person, I think it was the Imperial War Museum in London, they used to have Goring’s dress white uniform on loan and on display with all his awards “.

The display that you are thinking about is at the RAF Museum at Hendon. The uniform and the awards that are on it are copies. These were created for the expedition. The designer I believe was Andrew Mollo. The awards that are in the case on the ground are in fact the original awards belonging to Göring. These were in the collection of Eric Campion, who also owned the award shown. He parted with this in 1980.

The pictures show the display and the original awards.

gor18.jpg

gor17.jpg

Göring  Hermann  - Reichsmarschall medals at RAF Museum Hendon.jpg

fat one 1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thankyou, I could,nt think where I had seen it before but opted for IWM, thats exactly how I remember it, It was an impressive display,and just past that were the ME110 and JU 87, also impressive, I did,nt realise the uniform was a copy