Evil bay Dodgers

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Twice this week on eBay I have been refunded on items I bought,totally without explanation before hand.One guy,lost the item as he has 'Rearranged his extensive military storage warehouse ', -if anybody knows where this could be in Blackpool please advise lol ;).

And the other because I won it on a buy it now,and somebody contacted him and told him it could be worth-  '£10-15, more than I actually had the item listed for ...' - his words not mine lol O.o.

Where do you start lol,it gets right on my wick >:(>:(>:(

And as for eBay customer service well that's another story lol,must just be one of those weeks O.o:SO.o.

I find with eBay, one day I hate it, the next day.... well I still hate it but scored something I wanted.  My main grumble is that Global Shipping Program. It is illegal as far as I am concerned. Plus it takes double if not longer to get your item. I simply will not buy from a seller who thinks it is the end all best system.

• Major General

Ive had that before where another has contacted a seller to say the item was worth more.

Sour grapes

• Upvote 2

as per ebay rules when you BUY  its a contract.... they should be made to honour  the fffkn sale.. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jeeeensy said:

as per ebay rules when you BUY  its a contract.... they should be made to honour  the fffkn sale.. 

Agreed!  I rarely even look on eBay anymore.

• Upvote 1

I buy quite a few items from ebay, there is still a lot of good buys to be had if you collect British items.

There are issues and lots of faked or pimped up items on there so you need to know what your buying.

My latest problem was the seller sent me the wrong cap, FFS, but I phoned him and the correct cap is on its way to me, its just I have to find the time and effort to send back the wrong cap to him.  He said he would repay me for the postage but its also my time that's being wasted because he could not package up the correct item.

That said I got a real bargain this week from there, so its not all bad.

• Upvote 1

Well, as I said before, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Today, good. Scored a nice single BWM  full entitlement to an original member of the 198th Bn CEF. I am sure, in a couple days, I will hate eBay again. LOL:D

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2016 at 05:44, pylon1357 said:

Well, as I said before, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Today, good. Scored a nice single BWM  full entitlement to an original member of the 198th Bn CEF. I am sure, in a couple days, I will hate eBay again. LOL:D

I picked up two cracking good medals from there for my collection recently, one to my local Pals battalion and the other to  akid who joined the welsh guards underage then rejoined the Welsh and sadly was KIA 6 days before the end of the Great War.

• Upvote 1

I've had nearly flawless luck with eBay since it began. The only disappointments have been my own fault due to not fully understanding or misinterpreting what was being offered.

Some items that are made of unobtainium here in the US (recently a Spanish helmet badge) are only found on the 'bay. Same for COMBLOC radios / parts and the like which I collect.

International postage can be a drag, but if I really want the item then so be it. Interestingly, USPS and China Post have some sort of sweetheart arraignment, so delivery from China only takes a few days and the postage is either free or a very small amount. o.O

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 04:37, Waffenamt said:

Ive had that before where another has contacted a seller to say the item was worth more.

Seems to be SOP for some of the buyers......

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I am a great believer in the universal law of karma,if you're meant to have it,it will come to you.Maybe Waco to some but that's me,don't let it upset me anymore,I'm over it.

Well kind of.......well.......come to think about it........

Screw um ;)

:grenade: