My Grandfathers WWII Uniform P.T.O.

Daniel

this uniform is from my other grandpa Leroy Sweet that fought in the Pacific Theater 112th Co. H 37th Inf. Division

100_3040.JPG

100_3041.JPG

100_3042.JPG

lspap1.jpg

lspap2.jpg

• Upvote 4

Same division as my Dad, although all his records have been lost.

Your Grandfather was one of the high point guys who left Luzon early. The remainder of the division didn't exit until November '45.

BTW, I've been to Cp Atterbury often while in the reserves.

Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 1

He joined in Jan. 1941. he said he was laying in is bunk bed at camp Shelby Miss. because they had that day off (sunday) Dec. 6 1941 when they came over the loud speaker saying that pearl harbor has been attacked. he said then they knew right then they were headed to the pacific.

What an awesome group.  I am glad that you were able to obtain both your grandfather's uniforms.  That is some history there.  My grandfather and great grandfather were both medics (WW1 and WW2).  I am a career medic as well.  

Daniel, I found a pic of your grandfather in the 37 Div "yearbook" from Camp Shelby. Would you like me to scan it? Company L, 112 Med Bn.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Beldar said:

Daniel, I found a pic of your grandfather in the 37 Div "yearbook" from Camp Shelby. Would you like me to scan it? Company L, 112 Med Bn.

I have the same book. but thanks anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you I have both my grandpa's uniform the other is posted too. my mom's dad this one fought in the pacific and my dad's dad fought in Europe so I had stories from both sides. and a lot of war bring back stuff from both of them.

Great piece of family history! 

Thanks for sharing it with us.

-Mike