WARNING!! Known Rogue Trying To Sell Fake Stirling Bomber Relic!

timjonheath@gmail.com

Just thought id give a heads up on here to everyone. Looks like the guy who trades on Ebay as Somme_1916 is at it again. He has a website called Relics from the Front and in the aviation section he is offering a large heavy lump of what he has described as WW2 RAF Short Stirling propeller hub part. This is rubbish what he is offering with its fake history as a Short Stirling hub is rather unsurprisingly from a Wright Cyclone engine more than likely from a B17 engine. I have owned hub parts from B17's and know exactly what the exterior and internal parts look like. It is true that there was a Prototype Stirling that flew with Wright Cyclone engines but this model crashed and never went into production. The Short Stirling used Bristol Hercules engines. Hes offering this "rare" item for £175-best avoided but I thought id post to try and make everyone aware. Cheers Tim.

ODc3QkE4OUQyRTA4RERBQzNERkM6YzJjNmRjZGI4OTUxNzkyZmEyMzc4NTJiZGYyZDJhYjE6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

• Upvote 3

Guest Fred Karno's Army

As mentioned in my  PM messages to you Tim ;). He seems to get away with it somehow ?.

E-Bay are fickle when it comes to removing items from listing, it seems they need 100% proof before even considering taking an item off, but they still wont ban a person who carries on attempting to deceive 

This piece was listed on his Relics from The Front website though he has done same on ebay to a number of buyers but at least people are aware now.

• Upvote 1