Warsaw Uprising Set

PaulR

Here is a Soldbuch to a relative of mine who was in the German Army from 1929 until his capture in Apri 1945.  He started off as a private and climbed through the ranks to Hauptfeldwebel by 1939.  In 1940, he was promoted to Leutnant.  He made it to Major before the war ended.  His biggest claim to fame (literally) was his role in the Warsaw Uprising of 1944, where he was awarded the DKiG, GWB, and CCCiS.

For the sake of full disclosure, I picked up the awards separately to display with his Soldbuch.  He did earn every single one of these awards, they just are not the actual awards he wore. 

With this that you see here, I have also about 40 pages of his personnel record and 120 pages of documents from the Bundesarchive pertain to his involvement in the Warsaw Uprising of 1944.  I have about 30 pages of documents and photographs enroute from the Polish archives.  I am waiting to hear return responses from the British and Russian archives.  I am not really holding my breath on the latter.  

MaxSold1.jpg

Max's Final1.jpg

MaxReck.jpg

Reck Ehrenblatt.jpg

• Upvote 2

Your relative was quite the soldier, nice set!

• Upvote 1

Based upon what I read, he was a bit of a trouble maker with the establishment as well.  I think that he would have been promoted a bit higher had it not been for his attitude toward some of the more mundane aspects of military life.  He lived to be in the field and did not do well in garrison or staff settings.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...