Hello from horridohutch

horridohutch

As my name might imply I started out with a fascination with the Luftwaffe and its fighter pilots. I met Ray Toliver, the author of many books on aviation personalities written by him and he jumpstarted my collection of autographs. From there I would purchase items as I found them, at a local swapmeet, on craigslist and from friends who knew I was a collector. A lot of US, German and Japanese military trinkets. Helmets, bayonets and daggers. Some badges and belt buckles. A few of the sticks that spit out those nasty little lead balls. I have hundreds of patches that I picked up over the years. A lot of autographs and some pretty cool paper items. I tend to not focus on one item and all of its many makers and the different ways they were made. Although it really helps to study the nuances, I just do not need them all in my display cabinet. I tend to stay away from SS items, not only is it a minefield, its hard enough explaining the crooked cross on the aircraft that adorn the walls of my war room. I am a member of a couple of the better known forums but tend to stay away from the cliques, and the good old boy network. So for I have found this forum to be very friendly and open. I am a humble Electrician from California, looking forward to the worldwide friendships amongst collectors that the modern world and the internet have made possible.

• Upvote 2

Hello and welcome!  You're right in that the internet has done a lot of great things for this hobby!

• Upvote 1