Gebirgsjager M36 Tunic

Manu Della Valle

Very nice,untouched tunic belonging to a GJ Uffz.It would be near mint if it wasn't for the stain on the right upper pocket flap and the right shoulder piece.A friend of mine is sure that it's blood, it could well be but it could be something else,even if it could really be blood from a light wound to the soldier face/ear/head or from a wounded Comrade he may have helped out of trouble,we'll never know!
Cheers
Manu

M36GJ1.jpg

M36GJ2.jpg

M36GJ3.jpg

M36GJ4.jpg

M36GJ5.jpg

M36GJ7.jpg

M36GJ10.jpg

M36GJ12.jpg

M36GJ.jpg

• Upvote 6

Glad you like it,Paul!

Cheers

Manu

Hi Manu,

That's a real beauty for sure :)

Can you show a photo of the depot stamps please?

D

Thanks Dermot!I hope to find a picture of the markings in one if my folders because the tunic is stored in a box far from where I live and these are the only pictures I have!

Cheers

Manu

Hi manu,

No problem can you remember the year it was made? It looks like the eagle was hand sewn and that was very typical up to late 1940.

D

Hi Dermot,
the acceptation stamp was B40 IIRC and that means that it could have been made anytime between 1938/1940.As you know the data and stampings of the depot not necessarily mean that a garment or any item had been made on that particular  year!
IMHO it's 100% 1940,as you've pointed out!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1

Thank you Afrika!The stains look much darker in the photos,they're not so evident in the flesh!
Cheers
Manu

13 hours ago, Manu Della Valle said:

Hi Dermot,
the acceptation stamp was B40 IIRC and that means that it could have been made anytime between 1938/1940.As you know the data and stampings of the depot not necessarily mean that a garment or any item had been made on that particular  year!
IMHO it's 100% 1940,as you've pointed out!
Cheers
Manu

Hi Manu,

Yes that is a valid and not very well known point, as partly completed uniforms and caps could remain in the factory stores for a long time before use in the next contract required and that is why we see M40 tropical peaked caps with an 1940 date and second pattern cockade, This is especially true with LAGO based companies and black Lago Berlin Panzer side caps are a perfect example with II 40 and the Lago factory stamp with an 1941 dates

I thought I could see 1940 on the depot stamp and that's why I asked.

D

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 17 marzo 2016 at 00:17, Daniel said:

Good Looking Uniform

Thank you @Daniel