Late War RSI(Repubblica Sociale Italiana )Jumper used by the Germans

Manu Della Valle

WW2 Italian jumper of the style worn by the German and RSI soldiers in Northern Italy.The size is XXX,which means REAL SMALL!A small stash of these and other wool items was found many years ago in an old small barracks in Northern Italy but it was almost totally ruined and eaten by mice,few things survived and this is one of these! maglionersi1.thumb.jpg.455a1f6697c09609emaglionersi2.thumb.jpg.0f513d970f17520f0maglionersi.thumb.jpg.d95fcccac0dfce9b55

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rare indeed, I dont think I,ve ever seen one in any photos, nice piece to have

• Upvote 1

They're absolutely rare and were used by the RSI and the Germans.A few of these jumpers were brought to one of Italy's major militaria fairs in the early 90s and they were sold for £50 each.Few knew what they were,I only bought some because I had two or three already but with hindsight I'd have bought the hole bundle!Now the same money wouldn't give you a single button,at  least in Italy.The downside was/is that they were all of a very small size,at least the ones in that bundle.
They are quite similar to a particular Regio Esercito jumper but the latter had a drawstring at the neck!
The buttons are made of some kind of plastic made with ox horns and hooves,exactly like many buttons used by the Germans from 1943 onwards. .
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1