MY STUFF

THE WAFFEN-SS

Thank you everyone.... maybe I should put up pictures of my whole collection?

• Major General

Verrrrryy nice indeed.not just nice in fact, but super duper nice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Major General

Some spectacular items there.very nice indeed!:P

You just got to love German kit and uniforms they were so damn smart

Some of the SS tags I have bought from Hermann Historica, others have come from SS groupings I have bought.. some have been ground dug.. but I think it is maybe one or two at most.

The Half tag is from a grouping that I sold earlier this year and the other half is with the rest of the grouping, the guy lived through the war.

I have maybe 20 SS tags.. maybe more??, others include volunteer units and some kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe and so on.

I'm happy you like them :D

5 hours ago, Marc hun said:

You just got to love German kit and uniforms they were so damn smart

That's Hugo Boss for you;)

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

I never was interested much in WWII German items, but I do recogize an impressive collection when I see one!

Nice haul mate! xD

• Upvote 1

• Major General
On 17 April 2016 at 20:53, Libertesoe said:

That's Hugo Boss for you;)

Hugo Boss didn't design the uniforms, he only helped make them.

49 minutes ago, Bil4338 said:

Hugo Boss didn't design the uniforms, he only helped make them.

Matter of opinion.......several sources suggest he was well placed to design and manufacture.....Around 2011 a study was commissioned to distance Hugo Boss from any involvement in the design of Uniforms for the Nazi State.....The study was commissioned by the company ...HUGO BOSS!

• Upvote 1

• Major General
11 hours ago, Libertesoe said:

Matter of opinion....

No...fact, and one which is commonly ignored by certain folk to bump up the price of German tunics etc.

Hugo Boss ran a clothing factory which was one of hundreds of others manufacturing clothing for the Wehrmacht and SS/NSDAP organisations...fact.he never actually designed anything until after the war.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bil4338 said:

No...fact, and one which is commonly ignored by certain folk to bump up the price of German tunics etc.

Hugo Boss ran a clothing factory which was one of hundreds of others manufacturing clothing for the Wehrmacht and SS/NSDAP organisations...fact.he never actually designed anything until after the war.

I agree with some of your comments @Bil4338 ie running a factory and producing clothing for the Wehrmacht and SS/NSDAP. .....He also produced for the Hitler Youth.That is fact. We know he was an early party member and was fined at the end of the war having utilised Forced Labour in his factories. That is fact.

I've read many articles on the subject. I've seen nothing to confirm his involvement in design yet the rumours still persist. Easier to say I was forced to produce than I helped design?!?!? On that basis, I still say it's a matter of opinion, so I think we may have reached an impass on this one.

There were many Businesses who threw there lot in with the Nazi's to generate coin. Some of them still in existence today. Will we ever truly know to what extent they ( the owners of the day ) colluded with the Nazi State? I suspect that information will be buried so deep it will never see the cold light of day. 

• Upvote 2