What's it worth ?

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Can't honestly believe the amount of F@@@wits that ask that question on certain forums on something you could friggin Google in 5 mins,and then you don't get a please or thank you,honestly boils my p&ss.Yes we all have to ask on the knowledge of others but as for manners...........I must be old fashioned. >:(>:(>:(.

• Field Marshall

Totally, and you know they're just caring about selling for maximum profit... :(

• Upvote 2

No mate your not alone there, it used to happen all the time on WRF, then you would get insulted by some twat because he thought you were wrong

• Upvote 4

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Honestly a few weeks ago I had a guy buy a couple of bits and ask 'Can I send you questions on stuff I don't know ?'.  Well of course being pleasant the answer was yes,until for two solid days on the run I had pictures and what's this worth messages!. Then I find he has opened a shop having no great Knowledge of stuff quoting how he has a dedicated collector ( ie me) who can identify and offer pricing and advice on military items should you wish to sell !.( I suppose I should be honoured lol ) >:(

Thank you but no thanks 40 years of knowledge for your personal gain,lol,I don't think so.Thank god for the unfriend and block button. :D

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

You missed out there mate , should have sent him a bill for being an independent assessor lol

• Upvote 2

@Ham & Jam is it a problem when I ask how much something is worth before I buy it, so I don't get ripped off?

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@HetzersGonnaHetz no not you ya daft hapeth lol,unless you've opened a shop :D.

New collectors and even us old collectors have to ask now and again for help ( see my 100+ can you identify posts lol). 

For me, a quick Ebay completed listings search is good enough to determine a buy or not. Smart phone and a minute or two gets the job done out in the field. Then it's fun to learn as much as I can after getting home.

• Upvote 2

On March 8, 2016 at 18:35, Lenny said:

Totally, and you know they're just caring about selling for maximum profit... :(

Well, I don't have to worry about that happening!  Now if I sold it for what I bought it 40 years ago......

Edited by ahrtal
  • Upvote 1

I ask that myself at least twelveleven times a day,do a little math and say to myself "Manu...you're a rich man!",then fell prey to total depression when I think that I'll never,ever sell my junk and probably die broke in a cold alley dressed as a DAK soldier!:(

• Upvote 3

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Well it was once said that I am 'quite comfortable around death that one ?,' I didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or not lol :ph34r:

Edited by Fred Karno's Army