Used and abused M35 Tropical/Med

ahrtal

Got this one off eBay many years ago.  I had been watching it, and forgot.  It didn't sell the first time ($89.00 starting bid).  Got it on the relist, but not for $89.00.  I believe it to be a Med camo, as there are subtle browns in there, too.  Apparently over-painted a festive green post-war, then that paint removed.  A lot of paint loss on the rear and top but the liner is original to the helmet, and it is the early leather with the size (52!) embossed in the leather as well as on the aluminum band, and the liner band is the first model aluminum band (Schubert Werke 1937), and it isn't broken, amazingly.  Shell is an NS60.

P1010130.JPG

P1010108.JPG

P1010114.JPG

P1010115.JPG

P1010116.JPG

P1010117.JPG

P1010119.JPG

P1010123.JPG

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thats a really nice been there and through it M35 helmet, a liner thats in pretty good condition with very little damage to liners edge and a very nice size marking, the bands unbroken so no re-enforcement which is a plus, the camo,s good although damaged, and a really nice looking, and appears to be a still flexible, chin strap considering its age, is it dated and maker marked on the strap??

Lovely!I've got an M35 that had been kicked down a stone stairway by a partisan and then given to his son as a present...the partisan's grandson painted it blue and red in the"psychedelic" 60s.He gave it to me,I carefully stripped the paint with diluted paint stripper and ftom under the various layers of Humbrol paints came  out the eagle shield and the scratched and chipped paint on the dome looked like as if it had been kicked down that alley the day before...gonna post it someday!

Cheers

Manu

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 1

• Major General
1 hour ago, Manu Della Valle said:

Lovely!I've got an M35 that had been kicked down a stone stairway by a partisan and then given to his son as a present...the partisan's grandson painted it blue and red in the"psychedelic" 60s.He gave it to me,I carefully stripped the paint with diluted paint stripper and ftom under the various layers of Humbrol paints came  out the eagle shield and the scratched and chipped paint on the dome looked like as if it had been kicked down that alley the day before...gonna post it someday!

Cheers

Manu

Great! Post it to me then..!:D

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bil4338 said:

Great! Post it to me then..!:D

I'll start a thread about that!¬¬^_^