Austrian Retread No. 2

ahrtal

This is the one I accidentally bought on eBay.  Thought I had selected "Watch" not "Bid".  Anyway I got the "Congratulations!  You won your item!" message.  Well, I was really pleasantly surprised when I received it.   I was a warehoused item, never issued.  It even had the original warehouse tag on it, that solved the mystery for me.  It was then I knew that the first one was an early Austrian reissue for the Sicherheitswache.  The tag reads: "Federal Police Administration Linz/Donau Central Directorate of the Security Guard Weapons and Equipment Storehouse"

As we see, this version has a completely redesigned liner attached to the police type band and has been repainted directly over the original paint and decals.  I did not remove the paint.  the seller had revealed the police decal.  The liner pins are completely new. and simply small cotter pins backed by a larger washer to accommodate the original holes on the  shell.  Guess they decided to just use what was commercially available than machine new cotter pins.  The rear of the shell reveals this to be from the Berndorfer factory in a size 64 shell, and the "SW" stands for "Sicherheitswache".  I have never seen reference to these post-war variations.  I have seen the Austrian retreads of the M35/40/42 in pictures.  I don't know if they also changed out the liners or simply repainted the shells.  What hidden treasures lie beneath that paint!

P1010041.JPG

P1010042.JPG

P1010043.JPG

P1010045.JPG

P1010036.JPG

P1010037.JPG

P1010038.JPG

P1010039.JPG