WWII USAAF Flak Goggles

Patrick Lawrence

Another dream item that I added to my collection in the past year. I have been searching for years for a pair of these and my parents surprised me with them for my birthday. These Flak Goggles were not issued for long or in large numbers. There is a variant also for armored vehicle personnel. These are the USAAF variant! 

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 10.30.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 10.31.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 10.31.21 PM.png

• Upvote 2

These are nice, and in good condition too, pretty rare item, the paddings all there and the paint looks original, are the goggle straps elasticated and in good order?

1 hour ago, Davejb said:

These are nice, and in good condition too, pretty rare item, the paddings all there and the paint looks original, are the goggle straps elasticated and in good order?

Yes they are and they are still in good shape! They are stiff but not stiff enough to put them on a foam head. This is one of the nicest ones I've seen outside of a museum. Nothing more rewarding than waiting 8 years and finally getting a pair this nice. :D 

Yes, I thought they might be stiff, thats the biggest problem with "elastic" that old. Be careful with the stretching, they have a nasty habit of not going back into shape and staying very long, I had the same trouble with a pair of sand goggles which I put on a DAK helmet, I noticed one day that they had slipped down and become very loose, they were buggered in other words. Once that elasticity goes thats it.