Rare 1940 Dated Heer Tropical Shorts

DAK D

Here are a rare pair of Lago 1940 made tropical shorts from my collection, they are made from a typical heavy olive twill shade, but it is interesting to see different colour shades used in the construction. The buckle is painted black and not done in an a more usual olive shade and the factory possibly used spare buckles that were intended for Panzer trousers.

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

LOVE this kind of details!They're beautiful and I like the early date!Have you seen one of my Tropical shirts Dak?Same date...they were getting ready for good!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1

Hi @Manu Della Valle

I have seen your German tropical shirts and they are super examples :)

I have one German shirt and two French made ones. Two of the shirts belonged to the same soldier and he had attached tropical breast eagles to both shirts.

I will take some photos and post them on here.

D

Brilliant!Are they the ones which retain the button on the back of the collar or have they been modified?

If they're French shirts modified by the Germans with "German Style" chest pockets and buttons and loops for the shoulder boards they're as rare as hen's teeth!I would really love to see them when your time permits!

Cheers

Manu 

• Upvote 1

Hi Manu,

I will have to look, but I think one has had German pebbled metal buttons for the shoulder boards/straps and standard french plastic buttons on the cuffs and down the front. The collar has been replaced in the field so there are no buttons for that.

I think the other one has more German features.

I will dig them out and take some photos :)

regards,

D

• Upvote 1