New to the site and always looking for help

Camelspank

I am a collector of all things WW1 and have a pretty healthy collection of items. 

Based in Surrey in England I am a member of the WFA as well as several WW1 war poet associations. I have previously given talks to Scouts and Guides groups on the Battle of the Somme. I have also presented on my personal experience of being a collector and all the plots and subterfuge involved in receiving items into your home with a wife who not all impressed with another piece of "WW1 Crap".  

Happy to help anyone struggling to identify something, requiring history of items, and due to my collection I can always post photos if that would help. 

I have items including; a water pump, screw pickets, rifles, bayonets, helmets, medals, postcards, recruitment posters, ordnance, swords, field gear, badges, manuals, newspapers, ammunition boxes and loads more. 

So feel free to ask me anything in case I have one and could help with identification, scale, history etc. 

I am an amateur historian who likes to actually hold the item in my hands and feel the weight, the material and the engineering. 

I know, speaking like a possessed person. Forgive me as I am excited to have found this website. 

regards Camelspank aka Ben 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Camelspank said:

I am a collector of all things WW1 and have a pretty healthy collection of items. 

Based in Surrey in England I am a member of the WFA as well as several WW1 war poet associations. I have previously given talks to Scouts and Guides groups on the Battle of the Somme. I have also presented on my personal experience of being a collector and all the plots and subterfuge involved in receiving items into your home with a wife who not all impressed with another piece of "WW1 Crap".  

Happy to help anyone struggling to identify something, requiring history of items, and due to my collection I can always post photos if that would help. 

I have items including; a water pump, screw pickets, rifles, bayonets, helmets, medals, postcards, recruitment posters, ordnance, swords, field gear, badges, manuals, newspapers, ammunition boxes and loads more. 

So feel free to ask me anything in case I have one and could help with identification, scale, history etc. 

I am an amateur historian who likes to actually hold the item in my hands and feel the weight, the material and the engineering. 

I know, speaking like a possessed person. Forgive me as I am excited to have found this website. 

regards Camelspank aka Ben 

Welcome aboard @Camelspank!

• 2 weeks later...