Please help identify helmet

Arturs

Please help identify which army unit belonged to the m35 helmet with the serial number where the 5 digits are?

thank you in advance for your answer!

IMG_2829.JPG

IMG_2836.JPG

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2863.JPG

IMG_2862.JPG

Hi,

it is an army helmet, Heeres M35, double decal. It looks ok despite being a bit poorly, I like the missing vent hole rivet on the right side. Looks like a bit of battle damage too? Not the rust holes but the stress fracture on the top of the dome left side. This helmet was probably a grave marker as it would have been no further use ballistically with the damage.

I am afraid you can't get a specific unit identity from a lot number, only the generic use, ie , Army, Marine, Police, Luftwaffe, SS etc.

Yours is obviously Army.

That is as good as it gets, sorry....

Best

Rich 

Edited by Richard Auld

21 hours ago, Richard Auld said:

Hi,

it is an army helmet, Heeres M35, double decal. It looks ok despite being a bit poorly, I like the missing vent hole rivet on the right side. Looks like a bit of battle damage too? Not the rust holes but the stress fracture on the top of the dome left side. This helmet was probably a grave marker as it would have been non further use ballistically with the damage.

I am afraid you can't get a specific unit identity from a lot number, only the generic use, ie , Army, Marine, Police, Luftwaffe, SS etc.

Yours is obviously Army.

That is as good as it gets, sorry....

Best

Rich 

Thank you for the explanation!

• Like 1