LW Feldivision Smock

Manu Della Valle

This kind of smock is commonly referred to as "Feldivision Smock" but in fact it was used by both the Jaegers of the FDs and the FJ....and by many a Heer soldier,too!
It's beautiful,comes from Northern France,had a lot of tobacco in his pockets and comes with that sort of patina that I love!It's used but definitely not abused!
Hope you'll enjoy!
Cheers
Manu

smock (2).JPG

smock (3).JPG

smock (4).JPG

smock (5).JPG

smock (6).JPG

smock (7).JPG

smock (8).JPG

smock (9).JPG

smock (10).JPG

smock (11).JPG

smock (12).JPG

smock (13).JPG

smock (14).JPG

smock (15).JPG

smock (16).JPG

smock (17).JPG

smock (18).JPG

smock (19).JPG

smock (20).JPG

smock (21).JPG

smock (22).JPG

smock (23).JPG

smock (24).JPG

smock (25).JPG

smock (26).JPG

smock (27).JPG

• Upvote 4

Nobody interested in this old rag?xDxDxD

Thanks Ham!I "bumped" it because I think it could be of interest to spot a few details!German Militaria collecting is all about details!
Cheers
Manu

Hi Manu,

I did not see your super ground smock before now and I don't know much about them, but I can tell it is original just looking at the detail and construction work.

Is anything known about that particular RB number, as I am wondering what factory made your ground smock?

D

Hi DAK,
you can bet your left,right and middle legs that it's original...they don't come better than this!Well,maybe an unissued one but this one has seen action...in Northern France!
No,unfortunaley I cannot tell you anything about the RB,but I think I know who you're thinking about! ;)

Edited by Manu Della Valle
Bl@@dy typos...what else?
  • Upvote 2

Hi Manu,

Yes they don't come better than your example in my opinion :)

Yes I believe we are thinking it is the same company.

D

• 3 weeks later...

@PaulR...thank you mate!They're

very rare allright, especially in these conditions! 

Cheers

Manu

:wow: @Manu Della Valle now were talking ;) an exceptional smock IMHO and it would be extremely hard to upgrade on this example with just the right amount of wear and fading showing. The bottom portion of the smock and the cuffs slightly show a tad more fading and wear which would be indicative to a field worn example ...

Regards Mark   

• Upvote 1

I love the fabric that were used in there construction the Herring bone twill is an intresting textile and... imo...an early form of ripstop type of fabric I do believe that this particular pattern was more so used and adopted by the Wehrmacht and is refered to as the Heeres  Splittermuster 41...but there are known examples of FJ smocks that were produced with this same textile as it was adopted by the Luftwaffe as well.

Regards  Mark 

Edited by Mark K
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love it!  Again, I did have one, also, but with the camo epaulets.   Had to sell it to support my son's college----he turned out a "social democrat" and I couldn't get my investment in his "education" back! >:(

Steve

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ahrtal said:

I love it!  Again, I did have one, also, but with the camo epaulets.   Had to sell it to support my son's college----he turned out a "social democrat" and I couldn't get my investment in his "education" back! >:(

Steve

CAMO BOARDS?????????O.o You lucky fella!
I'm sorry you had to part with it but I deffo love your sense of humour!
Cheers
Manu

I tried to trade my G33/40 for it, but the guy won't trade it back.:$

Steve

I wouldn't either even if,truth be told, I'd use a MATCHING G33/40 for one of my GJ mannequins!