More Tropical LW Combat tunics and matching trousers.

Manu Della Valle

Unfortunately I have to make do with old pictures on film but I hope to break out the uniforms sooner or later and take better pictures of them!Anyway,more LW tropical uniforms;one in tan and two in blue and green HBT respectively...with matching trousers,which are way rarer than the tunics themselves!

image (5).jpg

image (1).jpg

image (3).jpg

image (4).jpg

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 2

Needless to say,these uniforms weren't strictly for "tropical use" but were used in Italy,Southern Russia and Southern France as well,or wherever the climate was a warm or temperate une!
Blue HBT tunic with trousers:

image (20).jpg

image (21).jpg

image (17).jpg

image (19).jpg

image (8).jpg

• Upvote 2

Green HBT tunic.I've added the sport /defense badge because there were loops already and I saw one pinned on a LW FD fliegerbluse in a picture.The "gullwings" came with the tunic and they've been pinned in a very peculiar way,i.e. between the prongs and the fabric there are two small squares made of thick cardboard to protect the fabric.The EK ribbon is original but no boards were on the tunic.
This way of securing the gullwings would suggest use on behalf of a FD member,as a German historian has told me.Many soldiers pinned the ranks straight thru the denim without sewing patches.We'll never know,though,the owner could have been everything from a "kanonier" to a Fallschirmjager or even a pilot!

image (14).jpg

image (15).jpg

image (12).jpg

image (9).jpg

image (10).jpg

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 3