German Made Heer Tropical Shirt

DAK D

Hi All,

Here are some photos of a German made tropical issued shirt it is a typical example and it was probably made in 1941, There was an eagle attached to the shirt at some point and this shirt belonged to the same soldier that owned the Heavily used French made tropical shirt that had a breast eagle attached.

Interestingly the inner loops for the buttons have been cut off to use as a repair on another clothing item.

In this case the "39" marking is not the date of manufacture and it is clearly a size marking.

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 2

Sorry Manu I was eating and I was not finished posting and I got auto kicked....

D

Edited by DAK D

O.o

Edited by Afrikakorpsrat64
  • Upvote 1

Hi @Afrikakorpsrat64,

The German made tropical shirts are rare and expensive Virtual Grenadier has one for $850, but you could get a stripped first pattern tropical blouse for that money...

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/search.php?searchid=15731577

The Heer tropical shirt Mike Davis has is a nice early one with smaller breast pockets and it's in good condition.

I will keep looking for you mate :)

D

Hi Manu,

Thank you for your kind words, it is a super German tropical shirt :)

Your tropical items are also fantastic.

In this case I think "39" is probably a size stamp, but It would be interesting to do some research on it.

D

I think you're right Dermot,it could be the size even if it was usually stamped on the collar being the neck size!

LW and HEER/WSS shirts were also stamped with other size stamps like "GR I,II or III"!

It could well be the date given the position and the fact that it's stamped near to the maker's name but it remains a super shirt!