Decent house clearance find !

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Just came across a photo from two years ago of some items I bought locally which came from a house clearance of an old Polish gentleman.Of course I sold the lot as you do house wife baby dogs lol,and regretted it ever since. :(

image.jpeg

Oh my word, what a find, but I know the feeling of having to sell a decent lot, did the same when my four came along, but that SS buckle and belt is sweet, and I,ve a soft spot for KM dress daggers, I got one off my uncle but will never sell it, it has some very good provenance of the Ship it came off, plus a letter from him as to how a German officer gave it to him in Emdon Harbour at wars end.Those EKs would fetch a tidy sum as well

• Upvote 1

id sell anything including the dog, but you would have to prise my collection from my cold dead fingers

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, the colonel said:

id sell anything including the dog, but you would have to prise my collection from my cold dead fingers

I agree whole heartedly :)

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Unfortunately I was made redundant at the time and food was more important to me and my family.If you have never had to sell anything at any point in your life you've led a very charmed one,I love my hobby and have done for 40 years owning some wonderful,unique,and rare items and it's taken me all over the world.But my family comes first. ;)

1 hour ago, Ham & Jam said:

Unfortunately I was made redundant at the time and food was more important to me and my family.If you have never had to sell anything at any point in your life you've led a very charmed one,I love my hobby and have done for 40 years owning some wonderful,unique,and rare items and it's taken me all over the world.But my family comes first. ;)

I can't blame you for that one @Ham & Jam family should come first. Ive been lucky whenever I had to sell anything I sold it to my brother who collected and could buy it back later. I did the same for him, so we both managed to keep our collections fairly intact over the years. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ham & Jam said:

When circumstances change in a persons life, hard decisions have to be made, one of them has to be family first, if I had,nt sold a lot of my collection we would have been on the streets long ago, and even now because of a long term illness, I cant afford to get back a 1/4 of what has gone, so every item I see now is a bonus, and perhaps a little envy as well

• Upvote 2