1940 Dated Sun Bleached Bone White Heer Tropical Field Blouse

DAK D

Hi All,

Here are some photos of my favorite bone white first pattern tropical field blouse, it's about as salty as you will ever see and I love it. There is no provenance that this blouse was used in Africa, but I am 99.9% sure it was :)

The heavy wear to the neck area of the blouse and the lower sleeves is typical for an field blouse worn in Africa and the litzen tabs have frayed because the blouse was washed so many times.

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 4

I LOVE IT,Dermot!Too bad that there not many of us who appreciate these items!Looks like the FB page still "captures" the vast majority of shuck-kickin',self-styled "ciollectors"!
Many look upon "newer" sites and prefer mob-style ones like the WAF or Warrelics,from which I've been booted when I openly disclosed several crooks amongst their mods and sponsors!
It's a pity because this forum is a great place and a clean one too!
Rant mode off and soap-box kicked aside!
This tunic has been "there" IMO and please don't be too unsure about a certain item being used in Africa!Ok,tunics,trousers,helmets aso won't talk with a voice but will talk to your guts!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1

Hi Manu,

I am glad you like it mate :)

I am very happy to be on this site, where I can share photos of my collection with fellow collectors and not have to worry about anything.

I know what you mean, as I do believe this one has been in Africa and that is why I love it so much.

D

• Upvote 1

Very nice indeed, I prefer uniforms that have seen a bit of action, and this one looks the part, also nice is that the size markings have,nt been washed out, you carry on posting mate, the trouble with sites like the aforementioned are that there are too many egos involved, but here you wont find that, plus its a friendly one

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, DAK D said:

Hi Manu,

I am glad you like it mate :)

I am very happy to be on this site, where I can share photos of my collection with fellow collectors and not have to worry about anything.

I know what you mean, as I do believe this one has been in Africa and that is why I love it so much.

D

This site is the GREATEST and your tunic is absolutely FABULOUS!
Cheers
Manu

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 1

Hi @Davejb,

Thank you :)

Yes it's a been there salty dog and I love it!

The size markings are fainter than they appear to be in the photo and it has been enhanced using a basic photo program.

Regards,

D

Hi Mav,

Thank you and I agree with you :)

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

Hi Manu,

Thank you, it is a beauty all right :)

Regards,

D

Here are some typical depot stamps in early first pattern tropical field blouses and it is interesting to see that the neck size double zeros look very crude on all the examples I have posted.

The second and last photo are from "1940" dated tropical blouses in my collection.

159.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

1941 2nd 19.jpg

20150909_144155.jpg

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

Stunning!! I am sick to death that I sold the stripped one I had a few years ago, not knowing it's true value! This one is marvelous!:x 

Edited by Lenny
Please don't quote pics... ;)
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

As said, that is one amazing item! I've no doubt it's seen long service in Afrika, think if it was Sicily/Italy it wouldn't be so faded or washed out.

keep on posting your unbelievable pieces, just loving this place!:yes-sir-soldier:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

As said, that is one amazing item! I've no doubt it's seen long service in Afrika, think if it was Sicily/Italy it wouldn't be so faded or washed out.

keep on posting your unbelievable pieces, just loving this place!:yes-sir-soldier:

It's clear that you haven't been in souther Sicily!LOL

Glad you love this place Bil..let's make grow everybody!:D

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Closest I've ever been to Sicily was a friend from Corleone....B|.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

Closest I've ever been to Sicily was a friend from Corleone....B|.

You've been in NYC then! :D

• Field Marshall

Amazed by the items shown in here, love this tunic.. :D

• Upvote 1