Medal of Honour listing ?

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I don't know anything about these medals as I don't collect U.S. medals at all. But to me, for this representing  the countries most prestigious medal, it seems awfully low price. 

4 hours ago, pylon1357 said:

I don't know anything about these medals as I don't collect U.S. medals at all. But to me, for this representing  the countries most prestigious medal, it seems awfully low price. 

don't forget france has the LdH, yet you can buy them on fleabay for a few quid, I bet this one is the one forest gave to jenny

7 minutes ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

Isn't it illegal to sell a MoH?

I can't remember, maybe not as there are imposters here in the States

• Upvote 1

Thinking about it, I think it's only in the States where it's illegal, but I'm not sure?

ever so often there is some idiot posing as an Medal Of Honor recipient, seems like there was one within the past few months

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, David Grigsby said:

ever so often there is some idiot posing as an Medal Of Honor recipient, seems like there was one within the past few months

BAST ARDS!
I spent hours reading MoH citations and many of them are very moving!These imposters oughta be ashamed of themselves

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

As far as I know you can buy and sell a MoH, as long as it is outside the U.S.A.

Those who own a MoH in the U.S.A. that have not recieved it like it should, risk jailtime.

For the price: it is just what the seller asks!

I had a original first strike airforce MoH.
Sold it for about 350 euro, because could not get more!
To many people who are affraid to buy it because of so many fakes going around.

It came to me in a collection from a family who's father died and was a military collector for about 50 years.
family did not know what they had and I bought the complete collection and among that was the MoH.

Have attached an old picture that I still have.

MOH.jpg

Thank God that our VCs are considered too rare to be just sold off for pennies, its a great shame that these types of awards from America find their way out of family possessions 

• Upvote 2

@Dave

I don't think that the MoH that I had ever was issued to someone, because normally they are named on the back and mine was still blanc.
And most time these medals come on the market BECAUSE FAMILY sells them!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 15 maggio 2016 at 22:43, Henri said:

@Dave

I don't think that the MoH that I had ever was issued to someone, because normally they are named on the back and mine was still blanc.
And most time these medals come on the market BECAUSE FAMILY sells them!!!!

Right!Families are more interested 

in the sheer value of the medal itself rather than in what their relative(s) has(have) done to earn them,often paying their courage and gallantry with their lives ...and if you read the citations you'll be moved!Too bad they don't pay the due respect to the recipient selling them!

Edited by Manu Della Valle