image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Bill I do see a couple of small problems with your HSAT's my friend especially that camo one..They grace your shelves instead of mine ;) good seeing you Bill and nice to know there are other kids in the play ground that like the same toys I do...lol... 

Regards Mark 

• Upvote 3

Bill has some rather lovely helms in his collection and I am not jealous Bill really I am not :D I hope to see you post up more of your tin lids and compos soon..

Regards Mark 

Edited by Mark K
Posted on wrong thread
  • Upvote 1

• Major General
13 hours ago, Mark K said:

Bill I do see a couple of small problems with your HSAT's my friend especially that camo one..They grace your shelves instead of mine ;) good seeing you Bill and nice to know there are other kids in the play ground that like the same toys I do...lol... 

Regards Mark 

Well hello Mark, nice to see you here too and welcome.good to see another top end collector gracing the forum (not talking about me though!).I know we'll have some good posts from you in the future.

• Major General

Incidentally, the camo lid came from a para pal of mine, straight from stores, so the provenance is there.I'd just love to know its full history, but at least I know it was in service up to the 80's anyway.

Many thanx for the kind words Bill :) I think I can scrounge a couple of helms to post up, And a lovely example it is I have a few thoughts on the camo pattern but I am trying to source some period images to back up my theory before sticking my neck out there to far. And the fact that it is sporting a liner that was manufactured by G&S only adds to this piece as we both know they are quite hard to source and were produced in limited numbers...

Regards Mark 

Edited by Mark K

• Major General

Well, any info re. the camo would be welcome as I have no idea when it was done, or where used.its definitely been on the helmet for a good number of years, the paint is typical olde worlde lead-based thick enamel type paint though.Id like to think it was applied by a trooper and not someone trying to enhance it.