Can you see what it is yet?

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Oh how they laughed... Yeah, I'm talking about you @Waffenamt... :D

Nearly all the pieces gathered... can you see what it is yet?

image.jpeg

Is it a Tommy helmet stuck on top of a crankshaft for an ironing board xD

Or perhaps it's going to be a lamp?

D

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Its an abomination of a wonderful Incendiary Lenny!xD  Im liking the idea though for a lamp.

• Upvote 2

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Now,due to recent changes in home Health & Safety legislation regarding house hold lamps and usage their of,it shows that paragraph 21 section 7 shows that all homemade lamps that ............wait for it............'have been made from perfectly decent incendiary devices of foreign manufacture',may not be improved by adding........wait for it......... ' any addition of any allied helmet,helmets or head gear there of'.This is due to recent cases brought to Brussels regarding case -6755 James vrs Schmidt. 2014.

'Schmidts exploding helmet' in which several people were hospitalised due to severe helmet burns and dodgy wiring. I can only lay the facts before you start upon converting this particular item to what could in effect be a health hazard.

Screenshots have been taken and the relevant items reported to Facebook.............hold on........wrong site.......oh f###. :$

'

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

not my normal collecting area. whats it worth? LOL. It really doesn't matter what this armband is worth. It is part of a larger grouping consisting of a CEF trio named to the 2/CAN:DIV:CAV: on the star and Lieut Suffield on the pair. Also in the group was his discharge certificate.

Suffield arm band (Custom).jpg

I take it that the helmet is one of the later models produced for invalid persons, seeing its a LIGHT,ER version!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
On 20/03/2016 at 11:47, Davejb said:

I take it that the helmet is one of the later models produced for invalid persons, seeing its a LIGHT,ER version!!!!!!

Ho Ho Ho... :D

• Field Marshall

Still laughing now @Waffenamt:D

Ok, you can pick up German Incendiary Bombs almost anywhere. However, what you can't pick up is genuine trench art, blitz art, lampshades made from attributed Blitz pickups.

This incendiary actually got reported on our FB group, which was nonsense. The owner wanted a valuation and must people said it was worth virtually nothing. 

I really liked it, so bought it from the owner. What I liked was the engraved plaque dated it to a time and place in London that was at the peak of the blitz, and an area that was heavily attacked. When the owner shipped it to me he separated the bomb from the base and found old two core wire inside. It's obviously been converted to a lamp back in the day, I'd imagine just post war. 

With a little bit of help from IKEA, here we have it, a sympathetic restoration.

I love it... :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Excellent!

Reminds me of when I left Vietnam in 1970. I went down to the Provost Marshal's office to register a few war trophies to take home. Some NVA field gear, a Chicom Type 56 carbine and an RPG 7. The RPG was found still in it's crate in a weapons cache in Cambodia. It was in mint condition. Deep blued tube and varnished, gleamng wood. A thing of beauty.

This naturally caused some immediate concern among the military police. "Oh no Sir! You can't take that home" "Why not?", I asked? (I had done some research)

"Because it's an RPG!"

"And?"

"It's prohibited".

"You need to get the Sergeant"

A grumpy Sgt came out and we went through the same routine. But I was firm.

He got a Lieutenant. Now I pulled out the regulation. Itsaid prohibited items were: Explosives, ammunition,automatic weapons, mines, grenades and crew served weapons.

"This", I said calmly "is a single shot individual fired shoulder weapon. They are not prohibited".

He blanched and ran away.

He returned with a very grumpy Major, I was finally outranked. I explained my flawless argument and told him how I intended to make a lamp out of the RPG.

"Nice try", he said. "But the launcher stays here. End of discussion"

Shame. It would have made a great lamp. :D

• Upvote 1

• Major General

I like the lighting bit Lenny,but will always remain astounded at that poor Incendiary and how its been 'Trench-Arted'.

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

It is what it is mate, but I love it... :D