Should we petition ASDA ?

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I was wondering what was going through his mind then realised there was quite clearly no mind for anything to pass through. 

• Field Marshall

658562.jpg

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/people-turn-God-turned-Adolf-Hitler-says-Paul-Dutton-Cambridge-man-wore-Nazi-SS-uniform-shopping-Asda/story-22366685-detail/story.html#1

The man who wore a Nazi SS uniform while shopping in Asda has attributed his costume and interest in Adolf Hitler to mental health issues.

Paul Dutton, 48, of Fallowfield, Cambridge, yesterday displayed his Nazi memorabilia to the News – 
including a fictional portrait in his bedroom of himself receiving a medal from Hitler – while admitting he has had mental health issues since having a vasectomy in 2006.

The father-of-six was quick to stress that he does not believe in Aryan supremacy, describing it as nonsense – and revealed that his dad was a rear gunner in a Lancaster Bomber for the RAF in the Second World War.

He said he uses the outfit to try to distance himself as he does not like having people around him.

Mr Dutton was asked to leave Asda at the Beehive Centre in Cambridge on Thursday afternoon after going shopping with his 27-year-old daughter and baby grandson while wearing the long black overcoat, black hat and black and white swastika, as we exclusively revealed yesterday.

A number of shoppers complained to the store manager and Mr Dutton left when asked.

When the News visited Mr Dutton to find out why he went shopping in the outfit, he explained how doctors had told him he was “broken and could not be fixed” and was “on a cocktail of drugs” to deal with the hallucination and anger issues he has been experiencing since having a vasectomy in 2006.

Despite his troubles, Mr Dutton is “undiagnosed”. He said: “They think I have got a personality disorder with psychotic features. They wanted to section me but I do not like being locked up.

“People do not understand mental health issues in this country.”

Speaking at his three-bedroom home in Chesterton, Mr Dutton said there was a mixed response to him wearing the outfit on Thursday, and added that he was surprised to have been thrown out “after three years of me wearing the armband in there and doing my shopping”.

He said: “To be honest with you my mental health took a battering yesterday.

“They said you have to get out the store and I said ‘Look, I come here twice a week since you’ve opened, I spend a hundred and twenty a week and my daughter spends a hundred, how can you treat me like this?

“The German security guard said ‘He’s been coming in with armbands and jackets the whole time, why kick him out now?’ And the manager said ‘Because we have people crying.’

“My pride took a battering, I was so upset. Even people I knew . . . my black friend Maureen finally said to me ‘I think you’re a racist’ and it cut me like a knife.

“But eventually she apologised when she saw on my website about my mental health issues.”

He added: “I don’t hate anyone, I’ve got black and Hispanic friends and they aren’t bothered.”

Colin Simon, 32, a Zimbabwean neighbour of Mr Dutton, said: “It’s a free world and free place. I talk to him most days. He has never been openly racist to me – he is a friend.”

Mr Dutton said he has been into hospital and to the doctors with the coat and swastika on, and that Thursday was the first time he had been asked to leave somewhere because of it.

“People come up and ask me about it and I say I have got mental health issues. When I am wearing it, it makes me feel safe and protected.”

When asked about his interest in Hitler and his considerable Nazi memorabilia, which includes a six-metre cemented swastika in his back garden and a large number of Nazi tattoos, he said: “People need to have a lifeline when they have mental health issues and my lifeline is Adolf Hitler.

“Some people turn to God, I turned to Hitler. He is my God. He saved me.

“History is always written by the victor. It’s never the truth. The victor always says the bad guy is worse than he is.”

The 48-year-old said the outfit was purchased for him by a friend – and was made by the German company that made SS uniforms during the Second World War.

He added: “My family do not have the same views. I do not impose them [my views] on anybody.”

Some shoppers on Thursday thought Mr Dutton’s outfit was a Hallowe’en costume, until they got close and saw his tattoos. 
Others were furious that he would wear the clothes in public.

Rosina Rusin, 60, from Milton, said it was “an affront” that Mr Dutton was walking around in broad daylight wearing the uniform.

She said: “People’s mouths were falling open. You are not going to come out like that unless you want to draw attention to yourself.”

Mrs Rusin, whose father was Polish and mother was of Dutch-Jewish descent, explained: “I wanted to make sure he was evicted. My grandmother’s family were annihilated in the gas chambers and I thought here is this bloke parading about.

“One lady was very upset – she was close to crying.

“A young man told me that there are four of them who go in there dressed like that quite often. Apparently he said ‘I do not see why I have offended anyone’. I have never realised how clownish the uniform is until I saw him masquerading about.”

Cambridgeshire police said they sent 
officers to speak to Mr Dutton at his home yesterday.

A spokeswoman said: “We are looking into the incident. We cannot say whether it will be treated as a crime or not until we have looked into the circumstances.”

An Asda spokesman said: “We had a number of customer complaints so we asked him to leave the store.”

Mr Dutton yesterday went back to the Asda store – without his Nazi uniform – and said that the incident on Thursday would not stop him from shopping there.

Oh dear, I understand mental health issues and the types of phobias, attachments,fantasies,etc that can form during the illness, but I,ve never heard of this one, especially after having your nuts cut, When I had mine done the only experience I underwent was swollen rollocks and walking like a bow legged duck for a week.

• Upvote 1

interesting link. As for the fella with the dog... Least he could do is man up and own a German Shepard. I understand that hairless crested mutt would be cold but WOW. Please keep these people out of Canada. We have enough of our own nutbarz

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

My mental health therapist always says he needs a mental health therapist after one of my sessions O.o.So I would love to know what this guys therapist needs,or maybe he has it already in the form of a time travelling watch obtained from his patient.Although judging by his time travelling Tesla cow bell maybe @Lenny knows more than he's letting on ?. "Need more cowbell ?" :S