Calling all veterans

Lenny

• Field Marshall

All veterans are now eligible for a medal ribbon on their posts, like this...

image.jpeg

Let me know if you're eligible and I'll sort it. No Walter Mitties please, we'll need a bit of corroborating evidence... ;)

I fought in the Bore war if thats any good, when the wife nags me, it bores the hell out of me , and she starts waging war, the saucepan grenades are a real bugger if one hits you on the noggin,  last time I was awarded the Purple Bruise and the DFC( Deep F**king Cut)

• Upvote 5

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@Davejb this fella must have some of your gongs on his then  lol,. :ph34r:

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Now thats what you call a grouping of medals and his badge aint bad either

• Upvote 1

• Major General
6 hours ago, Davejb said:

I fought in the Bore war if thats any good, when the wife nags me, it bores the hell out of me , and she starts waging war, the saucepan grenades are a real bugger if one hits you on the noggin,  last time I was awarded the Purple Bruise and the DFC( Deep F**king Cut)

Hats off to you there dave,i just laughed my ballhawks offxD

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army
6 hours ago, Davejb said:

Now thats what you call a grouping of medals and his badge aint bad either

It would be if he wasn't a Walt >:( :rambo:

You,re kidding me, who outed the bugger, I seem to remember this guy being interviewed after a Rememberance parade

• Field Marshall

Good grief... what a cockwomble... >:(

Guest Fred Karno's Army

The getting away with it bit is an absolute farce if you wear them without entitlement it should be bloody punishable what a joke >:(>:(>:(.

We passed the Styolen Valor Act several years ago here in the States due to the epidemic of fake vets. It made it illegal to wear medals you did not earn. But it was repealed. Seems the courts think it's freedom of speech to pretend you're a hero. The only way to prosecute someone for it is if they fraudulently received some monetary benefit from doing it.>:(>:( We continue to be buried in surplus store commandos.

Edited by Utah Bob
  • Upvote 2

• Major General

Surely his medals aren't in the proper order anyway, a bit of a giveaway no matter the time he'd have served to earn them...Iraq, Kuwait, south Atlantic, etc etc.

pretty sure the SAS weren't deployed so widely, another discrepancy to anyone who's served.

hopefully he'll get his comeuppance...

• Upvote 1

I'm a veteran, but not sure how your calling me @Lenny as my tel no is top secret , due to being undercover in france as a secret squirrel

• Upvote 2

I remember seeing this shameless fraud on fb a while back and to find out he got away with it disgusts me.

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
4 hours ago, the colonel said:

I'm a veteran, but not sure how your calling me @Lenny as my tel no is top secret , due to being undercover in france as a secret squirrel

All joking aside @the colonel, are you a veteran?

• Field Marshall
4 hours ago, the colonel said:

yes @Lenny joined 82 , MD 89

Tis done... ;)

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 13:51, Ham & Jam said:

@Davejb this fella must have some of your gongs on his then  lol,. :ph34r:

image.jpeg

what gets my goat the most isn't the medals on this walt, its the veterans pin, they were supposed to only be issued to vets and it took me a couple of goes to get mine, yet surplus stock of them were available on fleabay ,,,,,,,,,,,, thanx for nothing from the man at no10 who claims to be all for our armed forces grrrrrr

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I believe they should ALL be numbered TBH,they are all over these days.Especially nowadays where certain places give you discount on wearing them,hell you could kit your family out with them >:(.

And a few guys I have seen wearing them had SAS lapel badges with them,and you know when you just look at them and think 9_9>:(>:(.

Personally I got mine presented on a trip to the National Arboretum on a trip from Combat Stress,going back years to when they first came out.We were all presented with them I think they were given a limited amount and I am sure they were numbered on the rear,I will have to dig it out.It was all a bit too much for some of us,it was the first time someone had shaken my hand and said thank you.All a bit too emotional especially in those circumstances.Still a bit too raw,never been back since,promised myself I will but just too upsetting.Time will tell.

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

It's amazing how none of these guys were truck drivers, cooks or clerks. Every one was a para, commando, or SAS senior NCO super soldier. >:(

• Upvote 1