Calling all veterans

Lenny

• Major General

I have my fathers veterans badge as a reminder of him and his fathers service.I'd never think of wearing it though as I was only ever TA and didn't see combat.BTW, it's not numbered.

these Walter Mitty's deserve a good kick up the rear at the very least.sometimes I despair of people...

• Upvote 1

We have our share these numpties as well in Canada. It pisses me off to no end.  I do not understand the need for a former service member to embellish his or her service. I really do not understand the ones who never served, or never worked overseas in a War Zone as a civilian, trying to pull this crap off.   I was at Kandahar Airfield for 29 months as a vehicle tech. Most of what I did was in Special Projects, a section that did vehicle mods to much of our armoured carrier fleet. I was also qualified to drive much of it as well for maintenance purposes. 

For my service, the Canadian Government saw fit to issue a GSM/SWA with my name on the rim. Later I received 4 tour bars for my medal, 1 for each 180 day period I was there after the 30 day qualifying time for the medal. I did my time as a civiy, I am damned proud of it. I do regret having not worn the uniform, however choices made at a young age didn't afford me that opportunity. T=I cannot believe these people think they have a right to wear something not earned. 

• Upvote 2

I have to say it grips my shitter that these walts buy and wear medals that we earned with blood sweat and tears.

i do believe there should be a stolen valour law for pretending to be something your not nore have ever been.

they dishonour or brothers in arms past present and no longer with us.

• Upvote 2

• Major General

That's almost blasphemous.....   >:(

• Upvote 1