What about me?

Steve T

Hi All

I have been finding, recovering and preserving WW2 relics for more than 20 years now. For the first 10 years, I was fairly hit and miss and went digging infrequently. In the past 10 years though I have become a lot more focused and have had some great successes over the years. I have built up a substantial collection of WW2 relics that take up an entire room in my house as well as half the garage :)

I am chairman of the WW2 Relic Retrieval & Preservation Group, (www.ww2rrpg.com), and am also one of the presenters on the TV show 'World War 2: Battlefield Recovery' shown throughout January 2016 on Channel 5 in the UK.

Over the years I am not afraid to say I have built up a substantial knowledge of WW2 relics, and it is said that I can identify a rusty piece of crap from 50 yards.......so long as it has something to do with WW2!!

Look forward to sharing my knowledge and helping make this the best WW2 forum on the net!

Just in case you saw the show and doubt it was actually me, here is an unpublished photo of me having a look at a Russian 23mm VYa cartridge case.....

56be094668b68_2publicityshot2.thumb.jpg.

:):):)

Steve T

• Upvote 6

• Field Marshall

I have to say I thought the program was excellent, and was annoyed by the people who judged it without actually seeing it. Throughout the series, I saw respect for the fallen, warning against black diggers, and a desire to give proper burials to those hitherto undiscovered soldiers and civilians. I nearly cried at the episode with the woman and child, we need to be reminded of this sometimes. War isn't pretty or full of glory. :(

• Upvote 4

I agree with everything you say, and I have seen how much all these unwarranted comments about the programme affected Steve. It has to be said that since it was aired many people are back peddling like mad and remaining quiet, especially those in glass houses who like throwing stones, all told it was an honest series, made by people who considered that history should be preserved but also that human remains be treated with respect and given a decent burial

• Upvote 2

Oh CRAP!!!  TAKE COVER !!!!!!  DAVEJB is here!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys :)

• Upvote 2

One word for you Mr T, "RABBITS", thats all I have to say on the matter!!!!!except that photo does,nt do you justice, you,re much uglier than that!!!!

Edited by Davejb
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the program was very good and informative, some of the presenters a little over excitable, are there plans to make more ? 

Edited by Gnsymatt
  • Upvote 1

@Steve T Sadly, I didn't watch the show but will search on the internet. One day I hope to get a Metal Detector, hopefully...

• Upvote 1

• Major General

As I've said elsewhere, I watched said programme and enjoyed it.very interesting and nothing terribly negative to be found after reading all the bad feedback.better than 99.99% of the trite rubbish on tv these days, at least it had a worthwhile message in it and was quite fascinating to watch at times.

• Upvote 1

Thanks chaps. I will let you know if any more are in the offing. I am probably the most excitable one of the lot, so my apologies for that. Even after 20 years of digging WW2 relics, I still get excited when every single item comes out of the ground, even a 303, (and I have over 3,000 303 spent cartridges now :) ).

Leicestershire @HetzersGonnaHetz

Have another exclusive picture :) The first bunker we found in episode one, here is a picture of the inside.....

IMG_3141.thumb.JPG.9467cc55ad1ed9adbff83

• Upvote 2

@Steve T Funnily enough I'm in Leicester as relatives live here, I'm from Derby myself :D 

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@Steve T Who decided the eastern front Steve ?,was this just because of the expansive areas which lay untouched ?.

It was me by an odd route. I helped the production company get in touch with diggers in the east. One group was Legenda from Latvia, a group that, in the last 10 years, have recovered in excess of 14,000 fallen soldiers from the battlefields where they fell and given them all a decent burial with their comrades. On the back of that help they asked me to do a screen test as a presenter, from which I got the 'job'. And it all mushroomed from there really.........

The main draw to Latvia was that it was relatively untouched, (having only been non-soviet for 15 years ish), and therefore the finds were more or less guaranteed.

I would like to take this post to mention one thing. NOTHING you see being uncovered on the shows was 'planted'. It was all found just as you saw, even the soldiers. Every item was found by the team being filmed, and identified by myself. I get sick to death of people claiming it was 'staged'. Not one millisecond of that show was staged. It was all real, especially the emotion and, albeit annoying to some, my excitement. :)

• Upvote 4

Guest Fred Karno's Army

My personal opinion was it was very good,and well explained from the historical side to the excavation side,so much so the wife actually watched it.Are there more in the pipeline ?.

Thanks H&J. I'll let you know. I'm sure you'll understand that, given the animosity generated in some quarters, it isn't something I'll discuss in a public area. :)

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
1 minute ago, Steve T said:

Thanks H&J. I'll let you know. I'm sure you'll understand that, given the animosity generated in some quarters, it isn't something I'll discuss in a public area. :)

You know you can discuss it in the MCN though... ;)

• Upvote 1

Here's another exclusive photo from the series............8cm mortar, found by one of the Legenda team in the ditch next to where the driver parked his jeep......he looked out the window and saw it.....lucky git!

56db350c4e359_180mmmortar.thumb.jpg.a50a

• Upvote 1

Thanks Lenny, but there are certain detractors that spend their time trawling the net for quotes for me and the other presenters, then bending the quotes to fit their lies. Even this site will eventually attract them. Trust me on this!

• Major General

Well, they need to be approved before becoming a member here, so hopefully that should weed out most of the prospective trolls.any rubbish and they're out pronto, no fears.-_-

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
3 hours ago, Steve T said:

Thanks Lenny, but there are certain detractors that spend their time trawling the net for quotes for me and the other presenters, then bending the quotes to fit their lies. Even this site will eventually attract them. Trust me on this!

The forum is different, I know their email address, and their IP address, and I can control their account... we have more control over who is here, what happens etc. Trust me on this! ;) 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lenny said:

The forum is different, I know their email address, and their IP address, and I can control their account... we have more control over who is here, what happens etc. Trust me on this! ;) 

Thanks Lenny, you really are a great guy, with an amazing collection, and the best Admin ever ever, so there... If I wasn't married I'd be down on one knee proposing... but not in a gay way you realise... :o

• Upvote 3

• Field Marshall

You see, I made you type that and you didn't even know it.... So don't worry about the idiots, they will be dealt with... ;)

By the way, whilst I admit my collection is amazing, (thanks), yours is much MUCH better. Keep on diggin' !

:):) Indeed, although two can play at that game. :)

• Upvote 1