What about me?

Steve T

On 3/6/2016 at 10:59, Lenny said:

ho ho ho... ;)

I take it you did know that when he went for the screen test, they had to send out for a bucket of poly filler and very subdued filters after two camera lenses shattered, they had to give him the job so they could dock his pay for the damages!!!!!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great to meet you!  Welcome.   I hope that you post more images of your discoveries.  I really like that bunker photo.  I am surprised that it is so intact after all of these decades. 

Shame you couldn't watch the program itself PaulR as the bunker we discovered was incredible.......

IMG_3176.thumb.JPG.039cfed469f999d9af800

• Upvote 2

@PaulR I just finished watching episodes 3 and 4 which are online, but can't seem to find 1 and 2. You can just type in ' battlefield recovery watch online ' and there'll be results, just be careful as some sites have viruses. Great show Steve, I just need to find ep1 and 2.

• Upvote 1

Ohh no... they pulled the roof off!!!! :-(  What was found inside?   I am scared to try and stream the shows, as I do not want a virus. 

This isn't the same bunker as the previous picture PaulR. This was a totally different one in the middle of a field, totally filled in.

I have always found these bunkers and other structures to be most intriguing. I would love to watch this show, but like Paul, I have a great aversion to streaming or downloading videos and such. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2016 at 18:11, Steve T said:

It was me by an odd route. I helped the production company get in touch with diggers in the east. One group was Legenda from Latvia, a group that, in the last 10 years, have recovered in excess of 14,000 fallen soldiers from the battlefields where they fell and given them all a decent burial with their comrades. On the back of that help they asked me to do a screen test as a presenter, from which I got the 'job'. And it all mushroomed from there really.........

:)

Much the same route followed by a friend of mine, he had a series of programmes on TV about WW2 aircraft crashes, NOT combat tho....and a very good set of programmes they were too...he was "always " into WW2 aircraft crashes, and was doing a talk at a college or some place similar, there was a TV producer in the audience, and he had had chat with Garth...next thing, a test and a TV series...:)  BTW, hes a great angler too...:)

• Upvote 1