HELP !!!! IM HAVING AN EBAY CRISIS

the colonel

For the past 2 weeks a buyer has made my life jobby over a 50 quid jacket, demanding a cleaning bill be paid, refusing to return item when full moneyback offer was made, and now taking legal action, I need to add hes in Germany and bought item on ebay uk, but opened a case in Germany as their laws suit him better ,,,,, any help appreciated

Block him for a start!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

Block him for a start!

yes hes already now on my block buyer lists for both my seller accounts, but its just nuts over 50 quid grrrrr>:(

Ridiculous, I'm not full of sense myself so I'm not the person to ask 

• Field Marshall
57 minutes ago, the colonel said:

For the past 2 weeks a buyer has made my life jobby over a 50 quid jacket, demanding a cleaning bill be paid, refusing to return item when full moneyback offer was made, and now taking legal action, I need to add hes in Germany and bought item on ebay uk, but opened a case in Germany as their laws suit him better ,,,,, any help appreciated

What is his reason for payment of cleaning bill? Did you describe it properly? Did he leave you feedback, maybe speak to ebay?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Lenny said:

What is his reason for payment of cleaning bill? Did you describe it properly? Did he leave you feedback, maybe speak to ebay?

hi, he reconed stains but this jacket was mint, part of a collection of major generals uniforms I bought in, equally he claims to have already had it cleaned, why would you do that during a dispute ??, I'm sure ive sold to him before and he had issues then, I got negative feedback and ebay wont get involved till after today

• Field Marshall

It's not a new item, sold as historical artefact, he bought it like he saw it... tell you what, fight him for it... ;)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lenny said:

It's not a new item, sold as historical artefact, he bought it like he saw it... tell you what, fight him for it... ;)

ill even throw in a deg, this will only apply if you like snatch, as degs are always thrown in on a deal :D

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Seriously though, he sounds a complete chancer. Did he pay by Paypal and trying to get a refund?

these are the marks he recons, heres my pic from ebay, minus any marks, is he trying to scam me do we think @Lenny

1.jpg

100_3865.JPG

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Seriously though, he sounds a complete chancer. Did he pay by Paypal and trying to get a refund?

yes paypal, but as I took return for refund option, paypal froze the cash, its just a night mare, he recons he wants to keep it but if he returns it, which he must he wants full money back plus his return postage plus 22 euro cleaning bill grrrrrr

• Field Marshall

If you don't mind me asking, what was the purchase price?

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

If you don't mind me asking, what was the purchase price?

50 quid plus shipping, a bargain, that's why I'm a bit miffed to say the least

Just now, the colonel said:

50 quid plus shipping, a bargain, that's why I'm a bit miffed to say the least

youd pay about 35+ just for the original rank insignia on fleabay

• Field Marshall

Mmmm... it's at the price point that you'll totally lose out whatever happens.... Don't know what the best option is... :(

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@the colonel Good to see you back mate,my Facebook link is on my profile on here mate.Its national eBay dickhead month,several trouble free months and then five come along at once like we spoke about ;).Its not geared up any more in the sellers interest and then with fees and RapePal they are as bad :(.Unfortunatly it's a double edged sword,good quality stuff you have to reach out to sell,I just sold a couple of hundreds quids worth in one item and PayPal have held the funds until the seller leaves feedback,726 positives and 2 negs from like six/twelve months ago neither with bloody just cause.I am obviously classed as a dodgy seller 9_9.

Arzen wipes >:(

I've got 1000's of transactions over 15 plus years on Ebay. My take on this is the photo without spots and the photo with spots AFTER he cleaned it is enough. I would be on the phone with Ebay putting up a huge stink about the fact he cleaned and altered a vintage item and is trying to return scam me because his efforts failed. I'd come right out and say that the spot happened after I sent it. It is impossible at this point to determine what really happened but the self incriminating statement that he cleaned it and photo evidence is enough. I would speak to them, ask why I'm paying for a cleaning bill that has actually screwed the item up. We all know that dry cleaning solution can remove color for unknown reasons and if it was spotted in the first place why are you finding out after the fact?.They are able to block negative feeback, the evidence is clear, in the photos and description. Explain to them you are relatively new to Ebay and fell victim to this clown by acting pre-maturely and choosing the resolution you did. I have been victorious many times with dickheads like this. If you are in the right that's all there is to it. While some may pick on Ebay and Paypal, there certainly are ways of protecting the seller. You just have to play the game right.

• Upvote 2

You  have laws there as well, remind this scumbag that HE is committing an offence of theft, the act might read differently in different countries but basically he is dishonestly appropriating property and also attempting to gain a pecuniary advantage over you and E-Bay are actively assisting him, remind them of that fact as well. You,ve offered to refund his money, he,s refused, that gives you grounds against him. By having this item cleaned he,s altered the description you gave, therefore if its returned you could legally keep his money for ruining your item. You have photographic evidence that is in your favour, plus his admission that it was cleaned after it was sent, E-Bay cannot ignore that. I doubt very much that they want to be involved in a lengthy process of law suits

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, Davejb said:

You  have laws there as well, remind this scumbag that HE is committing an offence of theft, the act might read differently in different countries but basically he is dishonestly appropriating property and also attempting to gain a pecuniary advantage over you and E-Bay are actively assisting him, remind them of that fact as well. You,ve offered to refund his money, he,s refused, that gives you grounds against him. By having this item cleaned he,s altered the description you gave, therefore if its returned you could legally keep his money for ruining your item. You have photographic evidence that is in your favour, plus his admission that it was cleaned after it was sent, E-Bay cannot ignore that. I doubt very much that they want to be involved in a lengthy process of law suits

spent an hour on chat with ebay this morning, they say because he completed the purchase on ebay Germany even though item was listed on ebay uk its not their problem and have passed me to ebay Germany,,,, great I don't speak german grrrrrrr

Cheeky buggers, they are avoiding the issue, you are one of their customers and as such they should be acting as mediators between the UK and Germany, they have all the necessary contacts. Get back onto them tell them that you were dealing through E-Bay UK not Germany and that any subsequent action WILL involve them. Speak to a manager or above, not some little erk at the end of the phone, Get names, as soon as you ask for that, they will realise your being serious and not letting it go and tell them you intend to contact the Board of Fair Trading and Standards Office if this is not resolved to your satisfaction

• Upvote 1

I am sorry this has happened to you, and I can no advice rally to this topic. All I can say is that this buyer seems to know the rules and is out to scam you. I cannot see where this buyer has a leg to stand on. The photos clearly show the marks in question. WHY is this even an issue, other than to try and get something for nothing. As for eBay UK or eBay Germany, I don't understand how they pull this "not our problem" garbage. 

eBay seems to be nothing more than a huge money grab anymore, gone are the days of smooth transactions where everyone is happy. Good luck with this situation. You seem to have a real scammer on your hands. 

8 hours ago, Davejb said:

Cheeky buggers, they are avoiding the issue, you are one of their customers and as such they should be acting as mediators between the UK and Germany, they have all the necessary contacts. Get back onto them tell them that you were dealing through E-Bay UK not Germany and that any subsequent action WILL involve them. Speak to a manager or above, not some little erk at the end of the phone, Get names, as soon as you ask for that, they will realise your being serious and not letting it go and tell them you intend to contact the Board of Fair Trading and Standards Office if this is not resolved to your satisfaction

thanx for the info, coz I'm brain bashed right now

4 hours ago, pylon1357 said:

I am sorry this has happened to you, and I can no advice rally to this topic. All I can say is that this buyer seems to know the rules and is out to scam you. I cannot see where this buyer has a leg to stand on. The photos clearly show the marks in question. WHY is this even an issue, other than to try and get something for nothing. As for eBay UK or eBay Germany, I don't understand how they pull this "not our problem" garbage. 

eBay seems to be nothing more than a huge money grab anymore, gone are the days of smooth transactions where everyone is happy. Good luck with this situation. You seem to have a real scammer on your hands. 

ebay has never been great but yes I agree in the last couple of years they have got 110% worse

I agree with 48Stars! Sorry about your troubles with an Ebayer! I went down that road with a real jerk lost $500 in the deal and my item was returned destroyed.

Edited by dagodave
bad word autocorect

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck? Did you go through Ebay Germany? If that's what they say to do just go that route. They must have interpreters and what's right is right. An international lawsuit over such minimal money is ridiculous but yes, keep bugging everyone. I've had Paypal end up covering a loss for me in the end. The dickhead still got away with something but Paypal paid the price for their shortcomings.

• Upvote 1