Turtle Helmet.

• Major General
18 hours ago, Norrie said:

LOL, I know exact;y what you both mean now, home from work about an hour ago,,dinner,  a wee fondle of the hat i have, and straight onto the t'internet looking for more hats....:)

Hmmm, just trying to blank out the image I have of @Norrie fondling his helmet......O.o

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Norrie said:

@Mark K,....arghhh....just made my first cockup.....on the old turtle helmet ( my pride and joy for now) I cleaned the brass chinstrap fittings, thinking, geez, these are black!!!! only to find out, they were blacked out to begin with...and i should'nt have touched them at all......:(

@Norrie I could not agree with @Lenny more I will lightly clean with a damp cloth, vacuum or blow my helmets off with compressed air other than that I never touch mine it is a hard lesson to learn but like Lenny states at least it is on a widely produced post war helm...

Regards Mark 

celebrity-pictures-homer-simpson-facepalm-copy.jpg

Edited by Mark K
  • Upvote 1

Jesus Mark, I had to read that again, please dont do that to me, I really thought that read "Vacuum or blow my HELMET off with compressed air", I was just wondering if that was a section of the Karma Sutra that I had missed !!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

LOL, Hope the wife never signs up here....she'll wonder what sort of site this is....:)

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
49 minutes ago, Norrie said:

LOL, Hope the wife never signs up here....she'll wonder what sort of site this is....:)

Did you not get the "special" intro email, with the password for the "special" area? I'd check your spam folder if I were you mate... ;)

• Upvote 1

I got mine, went to that Kings Cross, London address.........I appear in court in two weeks time, the police have my gimp mask as evidence

• Upvote 3

Guest Fred Karno's Army
46 minutes ago, Davejb said:

I got mine, went to that Kings Cross, London address.........I appear in court in two weeks time, the police have my gimp mask as evidence

Don't get me started  :D

LOl, Think I might go back to stamp collecting....tis safer methinks...:)

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army
11 minutes ago, Norrie said:

LOl, Think I might go back to stamp collecting....tis safer methinks...:)

You would probably get less diseases licking them instead of your helmets ;)   

1 hour ago, Ham & Jam said:

You would probably get less diseases licking them instead of your helmets ;)   

Actually, just had an idea,...I only collected GB stamps, had a decent collection too, not looked at it since about 1972......might have to get it valued...:) then mibbes, I could buy MORE helmets...:)

Guest Fred Karno's Army

So you've not looked at it since 1972 ?........that's not addictive mate then lol :D;).

15 hours ago, Ham & Jam said:

So you've not looked at it since 1972 ?........that's not addictive mate then lol :D;).

It was when I was a boy, spent all my pocket money on the things...it lay in my mums loft since 1981 when they moved to Engerland, and only got it back a couple of years ago, still in the same box...:)