What once was....

Henri

I don't know Hetz!I've stopped going to fairs many years ago!There are a few god one in Italy,in France,Belgium and Holland,though!^_^

Yes I've searched them up but can't read most for the life of me hehe!

Nice story @Manu Della Valle!

About 15 years ago I went to a show every 3 months in Arlon, near the France border in Belgium.
A 3 hour drive from were I live, together with a friend.
Not a big show, but it was in the south were the battle of the Bulge played and we always went to museums after 12 o'clock.
Show was so small you would have seen everything 5 times before 12 if you have arrived at 9.

One day my friend asked me if I was going to look for something specific while we were driving on the way there.
Told him that I would be happy if I could find me a U.S. set of medic bags or a U.S. pathfinders signal lamp or a British buckle escape compas.
3 very rare items, already in those days!

Within an hour after arriving I found all 3!!!!!!
Medic bags with all straps and even with full content of 70 items, signallamp complete new with all extra's even still wrapped in oilpaper and a beatiful buckle escape compass.
Had to borrow money from my friend, because had not expected to find all 3 on one day on one show!!

It are these moment and moments like you get stuff donated from people that made collecting worth while.

Everybody has his moments of joy and luck, so don't think back on the moments you hear you missed out on something!

You can't change the past and if you didn't get it, it was not ment for you!