looking foor info about this WW2 helmet

han gerrits

im looking for more information about this helmet, can somebody tell me more...............on the otherside is painted in orange letters SS

wm1.jpg

wm2.jpg

wm4.jpg

wm6.jpg

wm7.jpg

Edited by han gerrits

Relic M42 camo with decal, not bad, the decal has survived pretty well, but there is a suspicious blob of newish looking paint above and to the right of the decal, which does,nt appear to have been affected by rust which is unusual considering the condition of the rest of the shell

on the top of the helmet is a big red cross??........all the paint on the helmet is looking very old, even the orange painted letters ss on the other side.

Hoi @han gerrits, why don't you spend a few minutes and introduce yourself to the rest of the lot?That would be greatly appreciated !
Groetjes
Manu

• Upvote 1

Very strange,..... you did,nt show the other side with the SS, I,m thinking its a either a vet bring back , who thought it would be a good idea to change and add another motif to the shell, or its a much later addition that was changed by a kid for playing with. The red cross makes no sense , these were put onto medics helmets and were always used in conjunction with a completely white helmet, more so for the safety of the wearer, and having one with a camo is very odd, and I,m beginning to suspect that this helmet has passed through a number of hands and was changed by the new owners each time, but its still this thick newish looking and shiney paint that worries me. Obviously you have no providence as to where or who obtained the helmet, so its a bit of a mystery at the moment

thanks for the info again. Do you have any idea for witch price i can sell the helmet??

Manu,

my name is han gerrits, living in the netherlands, near by Nijmegen and im looking for some info about WW2 helmets, so i can sell them for a fair price to collectors. The stuff i want to sell is from an uncle who died last year and my aunt give me the order to try to sell it. And i do not know much about it. so i try to get some info.

i have got 2 german helmets, 2 english helmets and a realy lot of books and dvds

greetz han

• Upvote 1

I,m afraid this forum is,nt an appraisal as to prices for items wishing to be sold, you should make up your own mind bearing in mind that there are a lot of questions regarding complete originality , also it is usual for a new member to introduce themselves prior to posting items, with some details as to experience in the hobby and their preferences in collecting

oke bil4338, this is all new for me and somebody on the internet gives me this website to get more info about WW stuff.

But if it isnt oke , i just can leave. that no problem

excuse me

• Downvote 1

• Field Marshall

Actually, we do allow valuations in here, just not on the FB group. The only thing we ask is that members introduce themselves first, and will need 10 posts to sell anything. Also we generally think it's good form to offer the items to MCN members first.

@han gerrits, you're welcome here, no need to go. ;)

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Actually, we do allow valuations in here, just not on the FB group. The only thing we ask is that members introduce themselves first, and will need 10 posts to sell anything. Also we generally think it's good form to offer the items to MCN members first.

@han gerrits, you're welcome here, no need to go. ;)

Yes....you are MUCH welcome here...no need to go, @han gerrits!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Ok, @han gerrits....I didn't get all my facts right re. valuations, for which I apologise (it's been a hard day).

I was miffed because you didn't introduce yourself before asking about values and maybe should've told you about the 10 post rule (which I'd forgotten about).

as others have said, no need to leave as I'm sure you can contribute to the forum in the future.

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall

@han gerrits, seems like you haven't been back, and are asking about this helmet elsewhere. Selling it?????

Hmmmmm ?

Edited by HetzersGonnaHetz
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

...and currently being posted on other forums for appraisal, opinions, value etc etc etc......>:(

Ok, I think its about time to take the plunge and not waste anymore time on this character, I reckon its time to get rid, If in the realms of fantasy we are all wrong, then so be it, there are more worthy honest and sincere collectors out there, ones that we would welcome into the forum, but it does prove one thing we are not a fly by night forum and can police it quite adequately . I,m just waiting for Pavel Nowack to show his face, or one of the many he uses

• Upvote 2

• Brigadier

For suspicious activity, backed up by other forums, and not responding to the admin team, this user has been banned. A first for this particular incarnation of the forum. :(

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Mike Charlie November said:

For suspicious activity, backed up by other forums, and not responding to the admin team, this user has been banned. A first for this particular incarnation of the forum. :(

I can give you another one......waste of time and effort he is...:)

• Upvote 1

• Brigadier
16 minutes ago, Norrie said:

I can give you another one......waste of time and effort he is...:)

Go on then, name names... ;)

• Upvote 1

Innes, the one post, waste of space....not even the decency of a reply to my working out prices for him, obviously just a tyre kicker...:)

I take it you know where that photo was taken and who the prisoner was?