Display?

Lenny

• Field Marshall

There's got to be a better way of displaying buckles on the belts... Although I quite like the randomness of this. :D

my buckles on their own are in metal shallow drawers, just much harder to display belts.

Anyone got any novel belt display methods?

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Very nice :)

You would need loads of glass display cabinets for those mate.

I see some tropical sets too.

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

I just don't have the space for glass cabinets... :(

Yeah, few tropical sets there as well as some without belts.... I'd paused buckles for a while, German grenades have been keeping me busy for a while.. ;)

• Major General

Same here on glass cabinets. I only have one in the entire room. :(

You could try floor to ceiling pigeonholes with the holes just big enough to take a rolled belt with buckle. 

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
2 minutes ago, Mav352 said:

You could try floor to ceiling pigeonholes with the holes just big enough to take a rolled belt with buckle. 

Good idea, but really struggling for wall space... may have to just persevere with the random wall of buckles.... Like a buckle Jenga... ;)

Or maybe a leaning tower of buckles that would get the the old ticker racing every time you open the doorxD

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
3 minutes ago, Mav352 said:

Or maybe a leaning tower of buckles that would get the the old ticker racing every time you open the doorxD

Now you're talking.... :P

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen these for judo belts, a few of them and you could have a floor to ceiling column. I have seen acrylic ones too.4beltstand.jpg

@Lenny Just an idea, might be a bit silly but have you ever thought of buying one of those poles cats use to scratch and just find the tallest one and stack belt on belt...

image.jpeg

• Field Marshall

Interesting options, but don't want to tempt my cats to come near the belts.. ;)

• Upvote 1

Oh, I didn't think about that, 'I think you're going into the realms of fantasy Jones'-Mainwairing

• Upvote 1

One simple solution, give them to me and I,ll display them for you, I,ve got the wifes glass cabinet that I can take her ornaments out of and all of those belts will fit nicely and there will be no charge, I,m good like thatO.o

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Davejb said:

One simple solution, give them to me and I,ll display them for you, I,ve got the wifes glass cabinet that I can take her ornaments out of and all of those belts will fit nicely and there will be no charge, I,m good like thatO.o

We can split them 50/50 right?!

• Upvote 1

Well 60/40 I,ve got a big cabinet!!!!!,,, ok the wifes got a big cabinet !!!!....alright ,the wifes just big and I,ll just use the cabinet!!!

• Upvote 1

60/40 That sounds very good, I'm afraid @Lenny me and Dave have commandeered your collection ;) 

• Upvote 1

On a serious note, you could utilise the back of your door, buy some peg board ,the length and width of the door, allowing space to open the door hinge side, attach the peg board with spacers so that there is a small gap. You then attach  the belts horizontally with spaced pegs and any over lap either end just folds over in between the board and the door, that way you could get at least 40-50 on the door, Yes I know I,m a genius but I dont brag about it.... MUCH:P

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
48 minutes ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

60/40 That sounds very good, I'm afraid @Lenny me and Dave have commandeered your collection ;) 

Aye right, like that's gonna happen.... xD

• Upvote 1

Seems like you could improvise with a coat-hanger like contraption, where the bottom (brace?) of the hangar could "snap-in" with the belts just hanging in a closet. I don't know if that would be good for vintage leather, though...

Now thats just being  plain mean, We suggest a perfectly good and adequate solution to your problem and get shot down in flames, theres no pleasing some people:pufff:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Davejb said:

Edited by David Grigsby
meant for something else

• Field Marshall

Thanks for the suggestions, but think I'll stick with my leaning wall of buckles, in the meantime anyway... ;)

• Upvote 1

what about a ceiling hook attached to a moderate sized rope. put a nice piece of wood at the bottom end of the rope and stack the belts up. You could have then suspended from the ceiling at a couple of different heights. 

• Upvote 2

Ohh, I,ve just had another idea, Get one of those large cardboard tubes that you get from the inner of a carpet, they are normally about 7 or 8 feet in length and pretty large in circumference, you can put each belt on them ,stack them and secure them by elastic bands at the rear, and just have it from floor to ceiling, a bit like a TR totem pole, they,ll look neat, they,ll be stacked and secure and out of the way and safe from falling over, and they will retain the shape of the belt.You know sometimes I surprise myself with how clever I am9_9

• Upvote 2