What are you listening to?

HetzersGonnaHetz

Just posting this topic to see what music everyone is listening to at the moment.... :D 

Harvey

• Major General

Usually 'Chilled' channel on Sky TV when im in my office here at home. Not this week though as its R+B week and thats just sh+t...

Back to Vintage channel it is then..

Personally, I enjoy listening to the Rolling Stones from time to time after school...

• Upvote 1

I used to enjoy music, but ever since the wife started singing in the bath, enjoyment seems to have left me, especially as it echo,s, the dogs in the neighbourhood are having a hard time as well, and our one tries to hide behind the sofa, but theres no room for both of us!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

If I were you I wouldn't tell her... :D 

• Major General

I tend to restrict my music to the car to and from work etc...currently listening to the Electric Light Orchestra...or ELO.

before that it was AC/DC's Highway to Hell...classic!

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Tonight I will mostly be listening to... Grand Funk Railroad. :D

@Bil4338 you can't beat a bit of Highway to hell :D

Currently listening to Nightwish while working nights..

Edited by Mav352
  • Upvote 1

I must admit I do like a bit of T Rex, but I,m old enough to remember when they first appeared on Top of the Pops!!!! and I met them in the BBC bar after their slot

• Upvote 2

ALL RUSH, ALL THE TIME. lol, of course not, but most days I listen to at least one Rush song. Photo from Austin, Texas concert with my favorite Rush fan. Will, my son. this was the last show of the last tour of what had become a father/son tradition.  the band retired last year, I sure miss those guys!

019.JPG

• Upvote 2

Since my ole lady is out of the house I'm enjoying an all too brief moment of quiet

Spoiler

9_9

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

SABATON...discovered this Sweddish hard rock band last year, war & battles are the main subject for all their songs...saw them in concert last year in France and will see them again this June (29th) in Helsinki -Finland...check them on you tube, if you like the hard stuff, they are the best...

wikipedia: Sabaton [ˈsabaˌton] is a power metal band from Falun, Sweden formed in 1999. The band's main lyrical themes are based on war and historical battles. This is heard in the albums Primo Victoria, Attero Dominatus, Coat of Arms, Carolus Rex and Heroes, in which all of the songs contain these motifs, except final tracks which are tribute songs to influential heavy metal bands. Lyrical content drawn from World War I, World War II and other conflicts is prevalent and includes songs about battles and leaders on all sides of said conflicts.

Mmm not listened to that in awhile. ... I my have to dig it out when I get home.

• Major General

I played Erika on my phone at work and nearly got labelled a nazi lover.

it is a classic piece amongst all the marching songs and one of my favourites...very stirring!

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Having a bit of the Avalanches this morning :D,as this is my theme tune according to my wife o.O.

2 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

I played Erika on my phone at work and nearly got labelled a nazi lover.

it is a classic piece amongst all the marching songs and one of my favourites...very stirring!

LOL!Betcha that the ones who nearly labelled you a nazi lover are the very same people who would kill Mika and curse Freddy Mercury only to turn themselves into drag queens while the wife and kids are away......bl@@dy hypocrites!The song   In itself has no military themes, beyond the fact that the narrator (evidently a soldier, though this is not explicitly stated) is away from his beloved madchen and recalls her when seeing the plant which has the same name.
Now....play this one and you'll be labelled a neo-nazi (even itf it's an anti-war song!)xD

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the Erika link @Manu Della Valle. I think that the Nena track is much better in German (I had two copys of the album one English and one German). :)

• Upvote 1

You're welcome @Mav352 !
I quite like this one as well:

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Watched 'Oh what a Lovely war' this afternoon not seen it for 15+ years and still can't make my mind up on it o.O.