DAK Artillery Uniform set.

DAK D

8 hours ago, Davejb said:

That is one hell of a grand display, its museum quality, the Mannequin adds to it very nicely, any chance of an MP40 or a KAR on his shoulder, he,s a perfect stair  guard

Hi @Davejb,

Thank you!

I had an nice 1941 dated MP40 but I sold it years ago and I will not buy that disgusting 2016 spec, but I do have an okay k98 I can use for the display 9_9

D

If you ever need a repro MP40, just for display, try SOF, they have a nice one for £120, at least the damn thing cocks and dry fires and a removable mag, which is more than the new spec original ones, it certainly is a good looker

• Upvote 1

Hi @Davejb

That sounds good thank you for the information :)

This soldier was part of the 15 Panzer and probably in a PAK unit, going by the photo album I have that belonged to him. You can see this same photo in the first Kurtz book on the Afrika Korps, but this one is from my collection.

D

IMG_3373 - Copy.JPG

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 2

So I decided to do the set up with shirt and shorts order with an nice French made Tropenhelm, some collectors say these never had shields during the war and were only used by the Kriegsmarine and the Luftwaffe who used a blue version, but it conforms to the Heer model pretty well, with olive green twill and green leather trim and strap.

The belt is an nice field worn early green one with a Hermann Aurich tropical buckle to complete the set.

IMG_4205.JPG

IMG_4174.JPG

IMG_4157.JPG

IMG_4168.JPG

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4199.JPG

IMG_4203.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

IMG_4179.JPG

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4167.JPG

IMG_4161.JPG

IMG_4192.JPG

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 2

Very nice but man that guy has some seriously skinny legs, but he,s such a nice boy!!!

• Upvote 2

@DAK D....have you got pictures of each and every French tropenhelm used by the Germans in Africa,Detmot?I bet you don't and neither do the "experten"!Your helm looks great with the shields and let's  not forget that the shields from tropenhelms were used on M40 tropenmutzen,so.....^_^

• Upvote 1

@Davejb...you're right...handsome dudes have skinny legs..I've got skinny legs and I'm prolly the smartest,cutest guy here on Militaria Collectors!^_^^_^^_^

• Upvote 1

Looks great @DAK D! Love the french tropenhelm variation! Hope I can get my display to come a little close to as good as yours! lol

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Manu Della Valle said:

@DAK D....have you got pictures of each and every French tropenhelm used by the Germans in Africa,Detmot?I bet you don't and neither do the "experten"!Your helm looks great with the shields and let's  not forget that the shields from tropenhelms were used on M40 tropenmutzen,so.....^_^

Hi Manu,

I don't need to see all the photos of French made tropenhelms used in Africa, as I have my own opinion and it is not the same as the naysayers.

The actual tropenhelm has been worn and it is sun faded and the shields have been on it a long time :)

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Davejb said:

Very nice but man that guy has some seriously skinny legs, but he,s such a nice boy!!!

Hi @Davejb,

I agree the legs on this chap are very skinny indeed :D

D

Dermot,

I meant that the naysayers can say what they want but your word and opinion are as good as theirs...the so called "experts" can say what they want...your pith looks gorgeous!

Cheers

Manu 

Edited by Manu Della Valle
Italian autocorrector
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Manu Della Valle said:

Dermot,

I meant that the naysayer can say what they want but your word and opinion is as good ad theirs...the so called "experts" can say what they want...your pith looks gorgeous!

Cheers

Manu 

Hi Manu,

Thank you :)

I really like your Heer Tropenhelm and I know it's not the most beautiful example, but it has much more character than an unissued piece.

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DAK D said:

Hi Manu,

Thank you :)

I really like your Heer Tropenhelm and I know it's not the most beautiful example, but has much more character than an unissued piece.

D

Thanks Dermot,

it could be easily upgraded but being a "vet" I think that it's really got more character than a mint or better specimen with no history 

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

Love the lipstick he's wearing!   O.o

seriously though, that's a really nice set up.the tropenhelm looks great whatever anyone else says, they're probably just jealous....>:(

• Upvote 2

Hi @Bil4338,

Yes I noticed that too xD

All things considered it was good value for the money !

It is no big deal it is just differences in opinion.

D

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, David Grigsby said:

if that uniform could only talk!

It would say "I want you to sell me to Manu!"

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

Love the lipstick he's wearing!   O.o
WHO...ME?I only wear lip gloss!¬¬

seriously though, that' they're probably just jealous....>:(
DEFFO!Usually jealous losers behave like that!

Just now, DAK D said:

Hi @Manu Della Valle,

I believe it probably would xD

D

The prob ain't the uniform...the prob is THE OWNER of the uniform!xDxDxD

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Manu Della Valle said:

The prob ain't the uniform...the prob is THE OWNER of the uniform!xDxDxD

True xDxD

D

• Upvote 1