I've definately pi**ed someone off!

HetzersGonnaHetz

26 minutes ago, Davejb said:

Hetz, you,re too young to know about the sweet spot yet, so behave yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Dave has never found it in 60+ years of searching with a face mask, snorkel and a magnifying glass.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Steve T said:

And Dave has never found it in 60+ years of searching with a face mask, snorkel and a magnifying glass.

Who asked you to poke your nasal dripper in, go play with your rabbits, BUGS!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Oooo shots fired! I'm off to bed now, see you tomorrow Steve, oh and Dave, if I don't log back into the forum for a few days, call the police! :D 

Carboot. Possibly. I am trying to point out to our young friend that I can't guarantee that there will be any WW2 stuff there, and that I can sometimes go for weeks and not see so much as a 303 on sale.

I'm going as usual, but Harvey has to travel quite a way to get to it. Don't want him building his hopes up. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Davejb said:

Hetz, you,re too young to know about the sweet spot yet, so behave yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, nearly fell of my chair at that....:)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Steve T said:

Carboot. Possibly. I am trying to point out to our young friend that I can't guarantee that there will be any WW2 stuff there, and that I can sometimes go for weeks and not see so much as a 303 on sale.

I'm going as usual, but Harvey has to travel quite a way to get to it. Don't want him building his hopes up. 

@Steve T, last week, got a 25lb 1938 dated shell casing, with a 1942 ( i think) primer ... at the boot sale for £3.60, and a few months ago, missed out on a WW1 German helmet for £50!!! :( The one I go to in Falkirk, has a militaria dealer who does deacts, knives etc etc.....I gave him the web address for here, hoping he'd put some stuff up...:)

• Upvote 1

Hetz, when you,re standing beside him, ask a question then end it with Grandad , see his reaction

• Upvote 3

This topic has sure gone off the rails. I LOVE IT. 

• Upvote 2

Every hobby has his so called "experts"!

Or better: "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!"

However, for you Harvey, as a young starting collector it can be frustrating that you don't get a helpfull response and are being pushed in defencemode.
I might be called an "old" collector, being around in the militaria world for more then 25 years, but always try to remember the time I started.
In that time there was no internet and good reference books you had to look for with a flashlight.

Remember that for every twat there are 10 guys who are willing to tell you what they know.
If it is the truth, that is a complete other story.
But gather as much info as possible and make you own conclusion.

You will go wrong now and then!
You will buy the wrong things now and then!
You will get wrongly advised now and then!
You will trust the wrong people now and then!

But if you don't do all the above, you will never learn!

P.S. for all the Gramatic Nazi's: don't shoot me for all my mistakes, English is not my language of birth!

• Upvote 3

I surely won't be a grammar nazi to you @Henri, but Steve on the other hand, that's a guarantee. Thanks for the advice Henri and I'll stick to the rules I pick up here. :D 

@Davejb, I'm very tempted to do that.... :P 

• Upvote 1

Is there a grammer Nazi to membership ratio we are requiered to meet by law?

Will we have to employ more when we reach the sweet spot? :D

• Upvote 1

Grammarfuhrer Steve reporting for duty!

Should that not be Reichgrammerfuhrer SS (Spelling and Syntax)?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mav352 said:

Should that not be Reichgrammerfuhrer SS (Spelling and Syntax)?

That's the one;REICHGRAMMERSCHREIBENFUHRER-SS!

"Doublecheck"'s gotta be my middle name !:S

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Manu Della Valle said:

That's the one;REICHGRAMMERSCHREIBENFUHRER-SS!

"Doublecheck"'s gotta be my middle name !:S

Do you think we should "Doublecheck" the "Doublecheck" just to be on the safe side?

Just now, Mav352 said:

Do you think we should "Doublecheck" the "Doublecheck" just to be on the safe side?

Deffo!

• Upvote 1

By the way....has it occurred to you that our REICHGRAMMERSCHREIBENFUHRER-SS hasn't commented about the fact that the title of the thread reads "I've definately pi**ed someone off!" ?9_9

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mav352 said:

You're telling me,mate!I've been living in Italy for the last seven aeons and I cannot write correctly anymore!I've got to double,triple and faffle (four times in my very own language...a neologism...and YES,I know what it means but I don't like quadruple:S ) check my posts!
Thank God today our REICHSGRAMMERSCHREIBENFUHRER-SS is going to carboots!:smiley-throwing-bomb: