I'VE PROBABLY BEEN HAD BY A MEMBER BUT I HOPE I'M WRONG

Manu Della Valle

Hi one and all,
this message ia aimed to anybody who has something on the "for sale" section and for the likes of @Lenny, @Davejb, @Bil4338, @Steve T and the rest of the Staff-
last month I sold one of my belts to a member who often visits here but never posts,namely Ciscokid (i'm not going to disclose his name and address at the moment).
On July 12th he sent me £135 for the belt and buckle only to cancel the payment the very next day and I've discovered that too late,as Murphy would have bloody had it!
Over at PP they're investigating HOW he could have done that.I've sent him a message and hope he'll come clean!I don't care if he didn't trust me and wanted to have the belt in his hands before shelling out,problem is that he made a payment thru PP only to cancel it the next day,which thing seems to be nigh to impossible even if,as Stan Laurel used to say,the only impossible thing is to light a match scratching it on a bar of soap!
I've checked on the site of the Italian Postal Service and the parcel has been duly received,yet I'm still £135 short!
Just sayin'
Manu

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, DAK D said:

Hi @Manu Della Valle,

I am really sorry to hear this news and I hope you get things sorted out in way where you get your money in full.

D

Many thanks Bro!I was about to post that on the FB page but I'm not a member anymnore..I must have cancelled my membership by mistake!

• Upvote 2

Not something you want to hear on this forum, I hope its a big cock up, but only time will tell, hopefully you will get your money back via PP, very strange that he was able to cancel the payment

• Upvote 4

Sorry to hear that. Please let us know if you get the money from him.

• Upvote 2

I'd be very shocked if this is the case! Maybe there was a problem with his PayPal funds or something and it cancelled it? Time will tell 

• Upvote 3

I,ve just done a search for this member, but I cant see any thing, but I might not have all the full details, I should think Lenny has the whole member lists

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Davejb said:

Not something you want to hear on this forum, I hope its a big cock up, but only time will tell, hopefully you will get your money back via PP, very strange that he was able to cancel the payment

I'm thinking, maybe, he didn't have any money in his account, and that would'nt show up for a day or so after he "sends" the money.....paypal still process the "payment" to the seller...but have been known to grab it back once it all comes to light...

Whatever, hope you get your money back...have you told paypal about it all ??

• Upvote 2

Hi guys,
thank heaps for your friendly support.The PP Customer Care kept me holding on the phone (toll free) for about 25 minutes discussing this matter before telling me that they will start an investigation as to how this bloke has managed to make a payment and cancel the same the very next day,since they have told me that the only possible thing would be the person on the receiving end refusing and returning the money!
I wanted to post the same ion the FB page but before doing that I'd like to ask @Davejb and @Lenny whether it would be possible or not!Apart from the fact that this behaviour is unacceptable I reckon that our members (here and on FB alike) should be aware that there could be a bug in the PP system alowing this kind of things!
I hope this guy will come clean but while on this one hand I'm touching wood on the other I woyldn't hold my breath ending up turning into a nice shade of magenta!
Cheers
Manu

Lenny is your best bet mate, I was never on the FB forum as far as I know, but i,ve been on quite a few here and there

• Field Marshall
3 hours ago, Davejb said:

I,ve just done a search for this member, but I cant see any thing, but I might not have all the full details, I should think Lenny has the whole member lists

He's here @ciscokid...

Have I told you yet that you're the best bunch EVER?Thanks a lot guys!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1

HI Manu.... sorry to hear this,,,  does he live in East sussex....UK

I can pop round and see him for you :-/   is no problem.

Regards Nick ,

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

He's here @ciscokid...

From what I can see on his profile, he was online on the site less than an hour ago....:(

• Upvote 1

Just now, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

@Manu Della Valle hope you can get this resolved in your favor, I'll be looking for an update. Good luck! If he's from N.California< i'd be happy to pay him a Visit! :)

Hi guys,
thank you so much for your friendly words and support!I hope PP will find a way to sort this thing but I wpouldn't hold my breath!
If this guy can pay and claim back the money then he's a REAL danger and ought to be investigated by the Police!On the other hand if it's P fault they'd better find a way to get their credibility back!

• Upvote 2

Holy C*** what a situation!
Very sorry to hear this Manu! Hope you get this sorted out! But to be honest...If that bloke ciscokid is online now and then and reading messages but not responding on anything, that is a BAD sign. Tells me he's also scared shitless to (online)face you and other members!  Anyway, I'll cross my fingers!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, EA-Militaria.nl said:

Holy C*** what a situation!
Very sorry to hear this Manu! Hope you get this sorted out! But to be honest...If that bloke ciscokid is online now and then and reading messages but not responding on anything, that is a BAD sign. Tells me he's also scared shitless to (online)face you and other members!  Anyway, I'll cross my fingers!

Dank je vel, @EA-Militaria.nl,
your support is much appreciated and yes...he's been online quite a few times,has been contacted by @Lenny and myself yet he's turned a deaf ear every time...or played the fool not to be hangred,as they say in Italy!
Groetjes uit Italie
Manu

• Upvote 1

This is getting ridiculous, its time to get the police involved, you can prove the belt was sent, you can even prove it was delivered if it was marked up , registered, special delivery, etc. The fact he,s ignoring you is a clear sign of guilt, you even have the back up of Pay Pal as  to the circumstances surrounding the withdrawal of payment after the belt was sent.This guy is a no good scammer, and I hope he,s reading this,He,s bloody lucky I,m no longer a copper, it would give me great pleasure to visit him and gently lead him to the nearest nick and act on your behalf and have him charged with theft or fraud, in fact I,m sure there is such a thing as committing an international fraud, that could well be a very interesting charge, and one that would ruin his day

• Upvote 1