I'VE PROBABLY BEEN HAD BY A MEMBER BUT I HOPE I'M WRONG

Manu Della Valle

Ok , Ive just checked, there is such an offence of International Fraud, and Is dealt with by way of the Federal Trade Commission, .This is quite a big thing, it deals with any scam that has crossed International Borders, they will help prosecute anyone, and have even shut down scammers for good, with very heavy fines or even imprisonment, they are pretty powerful, they have even shut down companies, and it does,nt matter what the scam is, or the cost of the item, if it has crossed borders there on it, This is even heavier than English Law and leads to a lot of scammers without a pot to piss in. For the cost of a German Belt and buckle it could cost him dearly, especially if they find out this is not his first offence, but even first timers are ending up with heavy fines

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Davejb said:

This is getting ridiculous, its time to get the police involved, you can prove the belt was sent, you can even prove it was delivered if it was marked up , registered, special delivery, etc. The fact he,s ignoring you is a clear sign of guilt, you even have the back up of Pay Pal as  to the circumstances surrounding the withdrawal of payment after the belt was sent.This guy is a no good scammer, and I hope he,s reading this,He,s bloody lucky I,m no longer a copper, it would give me great pleasure to visit him and gently lead him to the nearest nick and act on your behalf and have him charged with theft or fraud, in fact I,m sure there is such a thing as committing an international fraud, that could well be a very interesting charge, and one that would ruin his day

Hi @Davejb,
a member (Norrie) found the address of the Constabulary Office near to where this guy live!I will contact them writing down what has happenes and we'll see!
On the other hand we have to watch out PP if they won't do anything about that!NOBODY can claim the money back and it's ENTIRELY up to the person who receives it to reimburse or refuse to accept the sum!
PP will "freeze" the money only if there's a case opened and as far as I'm concerned and as far as I know tere are no claims filled,else they'd have told me about that!In fact they've contacted me to ask for the receipt of the Priority International Mail I've sent the belt by,but even if I hadn't any proffs they'd reimburse me the money because they have let happen something that shouldn't and COULDN'T happen!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Davejb said:

Ok , Ive just checked, there is such an offence of International Fraud, and Is dealt with by way of the Federal Trade Commission, .This is quite a big thing, it deals with any scam that has crossed International Borders, they will help prosecute anyone, and have even shut down scammers for good, with very heavy fines or even imprisonment, they are pretty powerful, they have even shut down companies, and it does,nt matter what the scam is, or the cost of the item, if it has crossed borders there on it, This is even heavier than English Law and leads to a lot of scammers without a pot to piss in. For the cost of a German Belt and buckle it could cost him dearly, especially if they find out this is not his first offence, but even first timers are ending up with heavy fines

That sounds GREAT @Davejb,
could you please let me know who I can write to?
Cheers
Manu

Theres two that you can report this scam to, one is The Federal Trade Commission,which is on your side of the pond in America, go online just type their name and then follow the complaints procedure, or another online is econsumer .GOV, again follow the instructions or phone direct. These seem to be the only ones that can help straight away, at least you will get all the help and advice you need. My thinking is this, I,m pretty certain that this scammer reckons that because of the value involved and for what it is , no-one will bother to take any action against him, he could.nt be more wrong, the British police will do it ,no problem because it may lead to other scams he,s done, then these International agencies will as well, because the scam has been across borders. Of course there is a third option and If I were that way inclined it would lead to carrying a lump hammer, and rearranging his kneecaps, but lets see what the Law can do first

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Manu Della Valle said:

Hi @Davejb,
a member (Norrie) found the address of the Constabulary Office near to where this guy live!I will contact them writing down what has happenes and we'll see!
On the other hand we have to watch out PP if they won't do anything about that!NOBODY can claim the money back and it's ENTIRELY up to the person who receives it to reimburse or refuse to accept the sum!
PP will "freeze" the money only if there's a case opened and as far as I'm concerned and as far as I know tere are no claims filled,else they'd have told me about that!In fact they've contacted me to ask for the receipt of the Priority International Mail I've sent the belt by,but even if I hadn't any proffs they'd reimburse me the money because they have let happen something that shouldn't and COULDN'T happen!

Something I hate to see.  I lost a package from Austria.  Seller did nothing more than tell me international packages take a long time (duh!) and giving me the Austrian tracking number.  It did no good.  PayPal did nothing.  BTW, if it was WWII German item, PayPal may get you for a violation of terms.  Using PayPal for selling/buying anything WWII German is a violation of TOS.  Hope you get it worked out.

5 hours ago, Davejb said:

Theres two that you can report this scam to, one is The Federal Trade Commission,which is on your side of the pond in America, go online just type their name and then follow the complaints procedure, or another online is econsumer .GOV, again follow the instructions or phone direct. These seem to be the only ones that can help straight away, at least you will get all the help and advice you need. My thinking is this, I,m pretty certain that this scammer reckons that because of the value involved and for what it is , no-one will bother to take any action against him, he could.nt be more wrong, the British police will do it ,no problem because it may lead to other scams he,s done, then these International agencies will as well, because the scam has been across borders. Of course there is a third option and If I were that way inclined it would lead to carrying a lump hammer, and rearranging his kneecaps, but lets see what the Law can do first

I am currently living in Da Peeple's Demokratik Repvblik of Bananitaly now, Dave!

• Upvote 1

Try the second one Manu, I believe they are covering The EU countries

• Upvote 1

What the hell has happened? I take a break for a while and someone gets shafted. OUCH. y lord this is not good at all. As I was reading through this depressing topic, I had thought well "heck maybe the buyer had no funds in his account or whatever and PP reversed the payment" It almost appears now that this may not be the case. I hate to think that this was all a scam. I must say, today is a landmark day for me. It is the first time I have EVER given any member, of any forum, a negative like. Un real. I am actually lost for words, and still hoping it is just a misunderstanding. Simple of me? Possibly. 

Good luck to you in this matter, it seems to me, PP needs to explain how the reversal or cancellation occurred. This in itself is rather disturbing. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got a reply from PP telling me that I shouldn't have sent the item!¬¬
I've always been a keen supporter of PP but now I advise against using it to receive money because it's not safe anymore!
The belt has been duly received yet this Chris Crandall,aka Ciscokid has neither replied to my messages nor to Lenny's!
It's a sad situation and this guy ought to be reported to the Police but I don't know where to start from....could anybody help me out or,at least,enlighten me as to what I'd be supposed to do?
Cheers
Manu

Edited by Manu Della Valle

OK Manu, provided the address of this thieving git is correct, find out the Divisional Station that covers that area. Either phone or E-mail their CID dept, provide them with all the relevant details, when this occurred, how it happened, what action you took to find out what PP did, why this refund was supposed to be impossible, send them copies of all e-mails sent and received, your proof of dispatch and tracking info, let them advise you on the best course of action available, but in any event you either want the payment or the belt and if neither is forthcoming you want him arrested for either theft or fraud, in fact I would say its best to start off by saying you want to report a theft or fraud, then go into details, I suspect they will then ask you to send all relevant details to them, and seeing the package sent to him would have needed to be signed for, the postal service here in the UK will have proof of his receiving it, therefore theres no excuse. Incidently ,have you asked PP to ban this persons future dealings with them ie his E-mail account and user name(s)

• Field Marshall

I've had a message from Cisco and he says he's never received the item...

I asked him to send me proof of delivery and have heard nothing proof of posting means just that Lenny I have been home for a while now and have had nothing from him I have raised this with my local post man and his office and they have told me the sender has to claim I can't do anything I have had a few packages not delivered including a Pokemon game for my sons birthday which I bought through Amazon and it never arrived the post office here is useless they don't care it's very lax

I'm not sure what's the best way out of this? If the proof of postage doesn't have a signature on it, or is proof of postage rather than proof of delivery, then there's no way to know the belt definitely DID arrive..

Is their a midway point you pair can meet?

This guy must be one of the unluckiest people on Earth, He does.nt receive packages from the Post Office and thats where I dont believe a word he says, There is an internal investigation team within the Post Office, and they would be most interested to hear any complaints of items not being delivered on a more or less regular occurrance, especially to the same person and address. I still think the police should get involved, and let them check out his statements and see if there is a fraud being perpetrated here

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

I'm puzzled by this whole thing. If the package is lost in the post, then nobody's to blame.

@Manu Della Valle, was it a proof of posting or proof of delivery you got? If you're able to post it here we can decipher between us. Or send to me if you don't want it public.

This is the crux of the matter.

If anyone thinks I,m being harsh,I,ll explain my thoughts. Someone accuses you of being dishonest, what is your first priority, to sit back and see what happens next or go all out to prove your innocence, I know what mine would be and I daresay every other member here would do the same, I cant imagine why anyone would behave so flippant after all thats being said. Excuses after excuses are not the way to prove innocence. There are too many unanswered questions and it seems that there is no concern over the possible consequences that could arise plus the stigma of being known as untrustworthy, To me this attitude comes from someone who is used to this type of situation and is relying on nothing being done, I hope that every possible effort is made to get to the truth

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

I agree @Davejb, but until we know what proof of postage or delivery is, the only 2 people that know even half the story are @Manu Della Valle and @ciscokid.

From a devils advocate point of view, I've had issues with the Italian Post Office if I'm honest. ?

The crux of all this is really the time sequence of events regarding the dates Manu sent the belt, the time period that elapsed when money was deposited into PP and then reclaimed. Was the belt already en route, was money deposited as a result of the belt being RECEIVED??, how did the buyer manage to reclaim the money from PP when the onus is on the SENDER of the goods to either accept or reimburse. If Manu can give us some extra details re these points it would help us to fully understand those events, As I read the situation from the original posting it seemed that the money was sent when the goods were received and then reclaimed one day later. If that is correct then there is definately reasons to be suspicious as to the recipients actions. Why were Manu,s inquiries as to why the money was reclaimed ignored, why were your posts not answered in a timely manner, and it is only now that this person has decided to put forward a very lame reason and blaming everything on the UK Post Office, and not only this incident but on several occassions in the past.Its not like this person lives in outer Mongolia!!!!! If there was a tracker put on this item it would prove if the item was passed through our Postal system and also if delivered to the buyer, these are the things we need to know to help Manu progress further

• Upvote 3

Hi buddies,sorry for getting back at you this late...gonna write a "resumè" late in the afternoon!

A few days ago I got this reply from PP telling me that "I shouldn't have sent the item"...go figure!I immediately picked up the phone,called the Customer Service and luckily found a VERY PROFESSIONAL LADY who agree d that no matter what that money was for it oughta been stayed on my account,PERIOD!I could have lent the sum to Chris while in GB,he'd have lost a bet or even be blackmailed by yours truly...the 

money was on my account and the only person who could have returned it or refuse to accept it was ME!They'll start an investigation to ascertain whether the whole thing boils down to a bug or if mr Crandall is a crook! 

Cheers and thanks for your support guys!

Manu

Edited by Manu Della Valle
  • Upvote 1

Me...I'm 100.1% sure Mr.Crandall is a crook who's going to loose his face over a handful of £ and an old belt!

• Upvote 1

Bloody hell Manu, I wish I,d bought the bloody thing, at least you would,nt be havibg all this jobby come your way!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
2 hours ago, Davejb said:

Bloody hell Manu, I wish I,d bought the bloody thing, at least you would,nt be havibg all this jobby come your way!!!!!!!

You and me both mate.... ?

Manu Della Valle, you are a much better person than I am. I would have lost my jobby about 2 weeks into this whole sorted affair. I do hope it works out for you. Then Mr. crisokid can get hit by a fecking bus.

Edited by pylon1357
  • Upvote 1